Used 2015 Subaru Forester SUV Consumer Reviews

Used Forester for Sale
Select your model:
12345...31

Pros
Cons

Exactly what I need

bbq4, 06/24/2014
2.5i Touring PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I keep seeing reviews of this car, saying that it is too spartan. To be honest, I only need that and nothing more. There are things that regardless of money, you simply can't find anywhere else aside from the Forester and those things are: easily the best visibility of any vehicule I've ever driven; best AWD system, best fuel economy for an AWD compact SUV, best safety rating in its class, among the most spacious compact SUV, having among the biggest panoramic sunroof. For those reasons alone, I'm extremely happy with my purchase! Honestly, I don't want to pay more for a name or for gadgets that would not make a difference if there's a snowstorm outside and that I needed to go somwhere.

Best New Car Purchase Decision I've Ever Made

jjmdr, 10/14/2014
2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This is the fifth new car I have bought for my family or myself, and I am very happy with my decision. I am consistently getter better than predicted gas mileage for my daily commute. My kids love the back seat room (I have 3 so all the seats are full when the family travels). They always want to take "Daddy's Car" instead of the minivan! The features for the money paid are an excellent value (I have the 2.5i Premium with MT, which comes standard with the All Weather Package). Although I am currently leasing the car, I am very seriously considering converting to a purchase, since I don't think I'll want to give the car up when my lease is over.

2015 Subaru Forester Overview

tjpillar, 02/05/2016
2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My wife and I test drove the; Mazda CX-5, Honda CR-V, Toyota Rav4, Nissan Rogue, and Ford Escape. In honesty the smoothness of the ride is probably tied for second with the Rogue losing to the Rav4. Does that mean its a bad ride? No! The Forester has a stiffer "sporty" suspension system but it was much better than the Escape and CR-V. The interior of the Forester is really great with materials and comfort of the seats front and rear. The outside noise isn't too bad to be honest, but I would say it could be a little quieter. There is plenty of space for all individuals. The sound system really is pretty nice especially since it wasn't upgraded or anything. The Forester has a lot of pep for a four cylinder engine with decent power to accelerate when you need and takes hills really well. When it comes to space within the Forester there is plenty for cargo and seems like tons with the back seats folded down. Whats super great is the minimal blind spots! You have such a wide back window and side windows with almost no obstruction to your vision and the side mirrors are located on the door to enhance viability of your surrounding. Subaru did a really good job on the Forester with safety (Look up the crash tests on YouTube if you don't believe me) compared to all other CUV's. Standard AWD is a great feature especially for those with crazy winters. My biggest "gripe" If we want to even call it that is the infotainment system. Talk about a pain having to put each contact from your phone in one at a time, yeesh. Most cars sync with your phone once your in the vehicle. Overall, the Subaru Forester is comfortable especially on long drives. Has great get up when its needed. Gas mileage is good! HWY from Southern California to Phoenix got me 32.9 mpg and back was 33.4 mpg (don't hear me complaining about that. Also we love how in the Forester there isn't an "ECO" button that chokes and compromises the car like the Nissan Rogue, Subaru just made a fuel efficient vehicle with decent power. If you haven't at least test drivin' it to expand your options, you should as my recommendation. Yes we're at 22k mileage with a ways to go, but hey reliability right? EVERY company has a lemon once in a while, but I have talked to a LOT of longtime Subaru owners and they have all stayed Loyal and loved their cars, so far we do too.

5000 mile update

mcm0455, 05/28/2015
2.0XT Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Not much has changed in my overall opinion over that past 5000 miles. Still a hoot to drive, lots of pull with the turbo engine. I installed an aftermarket tow hitch to carry my mountain bike, still have plenty of ground clearance. Gas mileage has been fine at around 22mpg, with mostly city driving. Have seen over 30mpg on slower highways(65mph). Will be installing snow tires next winter, had it up in the mountains in some pretty deep snow and slick roads, it made it up no problem with the OEM tires, but I do like the extra grip of snow tires on slick roads.

My 4th Subaru- Much Improved

pktsizecub, 05/30/2014
2.5i Touring PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is my 4th Subaru. I also had a 2009 Forester and it was a great car. The 2015 is quite a step-up. The CVT is an excellent transmission and I regulary get 34 mpg on the highway and 25 mpg around town. The Subaru Forester is unstoppable in the mountains of western Washington. The 8.7" of ground clearance allows the car to be driven almost anywhere. The Premium package is simply amazing for comfort and quality. The Forester is quiet and easy to drive. Passengers in rear find ample leg room. The storage is quite good for hauling things. The trailer towing capabilities are limited but that's why I have Toyota Tundra. Long road trips are easy on the back with adjustable lum

12345...31