Used 2014 Subaru Forester Consumer Reviews - 160 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Subaru Forester Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:

Too much oil consumption
By Dennis Drew

2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Took my 2014 Subaru outback into the dealer 3 mos. ago as the check oil light was on (24,000 miles on engine). Was told to come back in 1000-1500 miles. The engine was down a quart and they said this was "normal" and within the Subaru guidelines....well I know this is BS....This is the 4th Subaru I have bought from Lithia Subaru and it will be the last. Look up prior lawsuits against Subaru and you will find the same problem existed in previous years.

Hooked
By Mike

2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Looking to trade for 2019

Depends what your looking for
By frustratedsubaru

2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I was excited and happy about the forester (2014). Great on fuel, at first. Simple interior. I really wanted a vehicle to get a places with a small gas price. The vehicle was great till after 75,000 miles. I now have about 105,000 miles on it(4/24/18). The guy is right about the foresters burning gas, I started having to keep quarts of oil in my vehicle in case the oil light came on. I would get an oil change, half way through the miles the light comes on, I've learned to add oil. So, recently my check engine light came on. It was P0420-catalytic converter efficiency below threshold (bank 1) or could be the Oxygen sensor. I went to the dealer got a tune up and asked about the check engine light. The person told me it was the catalytic converter and to replace it would be $1,700. That's a down payment on a new car. I am confident in myself and family members to help me replace the part but when I went to purchase the part I couldn't get the actual converter part, just the O2 sensor. Hopefully, that's all I need to do. SO! when I asked "how many more miles can I go on the converter now?" she responded with, "Idk, it depends" then I asked "how does this happen? is it common? how can I prevent this?" but no definite answer.

something my wife wanted............she is happy.
By mlaugh

2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

if you haven't had a Subaru it is a little different as far as getting to know the Bluetooth and the rest of the gauges. It works fine but a little different than Ford or Chevy or Dodge. I like the car. It is fantastic in the snow. The ground clearance is very good and the X-mode adjusts the throttle and 4 wheel drive for the ultimate in traction. Good MPG and I think the performance is plenty good. The passenger room is much better than our Fusion we had. The oil changes are very easy and parts are no problem. Some complain about the oil consumption but we have not had an issue with that.

First, last, and only car I want to own
By Alec Goetz

2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This vehicle is the epitome of safety, comfort, convenience, speed, fuel economy, entertainment, and practicality. I bought this car from Victory Subaru in Somerset, NJ and my salesman, Rich Rodriguez, was extremely kind, knowledgeable, and an overall great guy. The vehicle’s heated seats, panoramic sunroof, and hands-free technology are my favorite aspects and I cannot recommend this car enough to any prospective owner looking for an SUV to fit any and all needs.