Used 2007 Subaru Forester Consumer Reviews

Used Forester for Sale
Select your model:
12345...14

Pros
Cons

Almost a great car

Leo Paquette, 04/06/2016
2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought new in 2007, currently has ~ 55,000 miles. Mostly driven by my wife. Great handling (though no traction control, but very good in snow). No mechanical problems. LL Bean version has self-leveling rear struts, which I thought would be better for trailer towing. Only pulled a utility trailer a few times, so not sure if it helped. Had to replace the struts at 45,000 miles - very expensive (> $1100!). Never rode in the back seats, but the front seats aren't very comfortable for very long. Seat bottom is too short, so thigh support is lacking; needs better arm rests; sun visor doesn't cover the center of the windshield, and when turned to the side window it doesn't extend back far enough to keep the sun out of my eyes. Radio display is hard to see during the day. I really like driving it, but the ergonomics aren't that good. I might check out an Outback for my next purchase.

Perforated Rust on a 2+ year old Subi

Karen, 07/06/2010

After doing careful research on the internet and speaking to some Subi owners I decided to buy my first Subi. Everything was going well until I found perforated rust on the rear hatch door and on all the door bolts and in other places under the hood. While Subaru replaced the door and changed all the bolts, I no longer feel that this vehicle's body had integrity. What about the rust that may exist in the door panels? Will the rust rear its ugly head after the 5 year warranty? This rust problem existed on cars 20 yrs ago, not today. This uncertainty has led me to trade in my Subi for a different car make altogether. I can no longer trust a Subaru, which is too bad.

Basic All-Wheel Drive

DJA, 11/19/2009

This car was great in the snow. It also could tow a small pop up with ease. If you like to camp or any out door activity this is the vehicle for you. I avg. 22.5 mpg city/hwy. The down side is road noise and ride, but it was the base model. It is a good work horse of a vehicle.

Buy in 2008

joann, 03/03/2008

Forester ownership has been my greatest driving experience in the last 50 years. I have owned 11 cars over those years, and this is the best!! My 2007 Forester is perfect, an SUV that is not too wide, not too long and not too far off the ground. What more could you ask for? It is easy to drive, to wash and to fit in our garage. Thank you for designing Forester.

Looking for the Ultimate Sleeper?? Gramps approved

Chris Hodges, 01/29/2017
Sports 2.5 XT 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

First of all, I need to begin this review with a bit of a reality check- in 07, only 87 of these vehicles in my color of Metallic Grey, with a 5 speed AND the Towing Package (1 1/4 trailer hitch with 4.41:1 axles), so, if you THINK you may have found one of these beauties?? DOUBLE CHECK. Now that we have that out of the way, let's continue. As with any other car, what I've found with Maintenance and the inevitable Tuning- find reputable shops who KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING!! I found a Shop I thought was reputable, only to find, THOUSANDS of dollars later, that this shop was staffed by a bunch of hacks!! Pros: with the appropriate plug in Cobb tuner, will make GOBS of torque, with little or no change in mileage! With a dyno tune, turns this vehicle into a TOTALLY different driving experience!! No problems with head gaskets or major repairs. This car has been driven hard, but, with regular fluid changes, timing belt changes,etc., runs like a champ! Negatives: THE SEATS ARE ABYSSMAL!!! Omg...if you can find older leather WRX seats, PUT them in...your back will thank you! Invest in Grimmspeed's Master cylinder brace!! Why? Again, this is a part right off a Forester...the Base model...so, the brakes aren't the greatest. The steering could best be described as numb...but, not to worry! 2004 STi power steering pump bolts right in, and, does WONDERS for steering feel. And, if you're looking at ANYTHING approaching decent handling, ditch the stock springs for Swifts. The first car I've EVER owned as a gearhead where I can honestly say I'm NEVER going to sell it...it's been THAT good to me! Oh, and, do yourself a favor and spend that money for decent snowtires to put on your factory steelies- my Blizzaks turned this little SUV into a goanywhere vehicle, even in feet of snow here in Massachusetts!

12345...14