2019 Subaru Ascent Consumer Reviews - 2 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2019 Subaru Ascent Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ascent model:

Impressive test drive
By Fergie

2019 Subaru Ascent Limited 8-Passenger w/OP 23 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

As the mother of five, I attempted to down grade to a sedan last year. I realize now that I’m not able to downsize yet, & need a three row AWD SUV with fuel efficiency to haul me & my tall children. After doing my research I narrowed it down to the Ascent & Atlas.
After test driving the Ascent today I think am sold. Acceleration & steering was responsive & enjoyable. The height of the vehicle was nice without feeling like I was driving a truck. My 5’11” daughter & I assessed the second & third rows as well. The headroom in the third row was tight; in six foot & my head touched the ceiling in the third row. Second row was ample. The legroom in the third row was fine with adjustments to the second row’s position. Reclining the second row was a nice surprise. Although I wouldn’t recommend it with any tall occupants in the third row, it was really comfortable, nice looking out the panoramic moon roof.
I was very comfortable in the driver’s seat, and really liked the seat extension for my long legs. I felt the dash & dials were well placed. I really liked the local speed limits posted on the center dash next to the actual speed. It seems as if Subaru really paid attention to detail, right down to the double USB Ports for each row of seating. I’m going to return to test drive again & place my order. Kudos Subaru for creating a family cruiser that pleases everyone in it.

A few things that need to be addressed
By rather not

2019 Subaru Ascent Touring 7-Passenger 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

i previewed the Ascent at a local dealership yesterday 1) the front hood is kept up with a prop bar not pistons the prop bar was bent by subaru sales agents use to pistons while trying to close the hood 2) the front seat back recline button permits front seats to recline into the legs of second row passengers (this could be an issue with children in car unattended), 3) the headliner under the larger moon roof in the ascent touring was a cheap looking sagging cloth material 4) the front seat bottom seat cushion manually extends inwards towards the dash, the accordion look of the seat material was not that appealing. I preordered an Ascent Touring package and may downgrade my order to not include the extra large moonroof. i'm not liking full moonroof headliner solution. i hope the prop bar is replaced by subaru with pistons on the front hood. i can see me bending the prop bar and possibly the hood. the showroom was crowded i am going back for a more detailed inspection next week