Used 2006 Scion tC Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 237 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Scion tC Hatchback

View reviews for a specific tC model:

Scion Warranty is Worthless
By PIssed Off

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

2006 Scion TC, normal usage, 23k miles and clutch goes out. Scion claims "wear & tear" and totally walks away from their warranty. I will never buy another Toyota/Scion product again!

car's ok - Warranty however is worthless. Buyer beware!

This is an easy one, fulfill Scion should fulfill it's warranty obligations, but if I was you, I wouldn't count on it.

Lovin' my TC
By Loving it!

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my car brand new in 10/06. It's been almost 2 years and I have over 60k miles on it. I drive it mostly on the highway and I don't care for the amount of noise from the sunroof (event when its closed). I have also had a problem with the molding between the windshield and the sunroof. It has blown off twice! The drivers seat broke about a month after I had the vehicle and the dealership had to replace the entire thing! My tc is great in any driving condition and I love the speed I get from it. I always feel safe driving it and I love the way it handles! Except for the few minor things I absolutely love the car! I just wish it came with a better warranty.

Sporty design, sunroof, reclining back seat, alloy wheels.

Please make the trunk bigger! The sunroof shade should also be made a little better.

Mixed Feelings
By las_crg

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my tC a little over a year and have had no problems out of it whatsoever. It is still very fun to drive, even after having it a year. It is pretty spacious for a two-door car, but I will stick to four-doors from now on. It is a smooth, comfortable ride with no rattling or shaking. I just calculated my MPG and got about 28 city, 31 hwy, which is good but could be better for a small car. The sound system is great and the pioneer CD player and speakers are very high quality. The road noise is relatively quiet for having low- profile tires. Despite its sporty look, the steering is not very nimble. Overall, I have enjoyed my car, but it could definitely use some improvement.

Great Pickup Decent gas mileage Good sound system Comfortable seating Sleek, sporty look

More head room in back More nimble handling Back windshield wiper Better quality exterior (paint chips and exterior dents very easily) cazs

i love this car
By khendrix

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I absolutely LOVE this car! I am having to sell mine because my husband and I have another baby on the way and having a 2 door isn't practical. When I was buying a car it was between the acura two door car and the scion. The scion tC won because it is so roomy even for such a little car. The interior looks amazing and it is so easy to clean. It has great pick up and it is so much fun to drive. Even my 52 year old dad loves to drive this car. Awesome little car!

seat material, stereo, interior design

Awsome Sound Machine
By TheCheese

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for 2 reasons. #1 interior shape (hatchback) for a 3 subwoofer horn loaded configuration and #2 price since I was putting $7K into the sound system. 2000 W into 2x10" + 1x15" sub with 9 cabin speakers custom door pods and Morel dome/MB Quart Premium speakers - awesome sound quality. Professionally installed by the owner of Audio North West, the sound system is Incredible (and I have a lot of audio stuff for comparison). A side benefit is the ride. Hard corners a bit soft but good controlled drift w/e-brake, will install sport suspension. Minor tuning mods, upgrading to 18" XXR rims and Potenza tires this week. AWESOME platform for REAL car audio and it has enough kick - FUN

The horn shape of the hatchback with the 3 subs facing back at an angle forms the wave correctly and sounds like the subs are up front. Soundstage with the Morel domes in pods built on the side mirror caps is incredible. I commute 2 hrs a day so you can understand why the audio is VERY important.

Interior build quality should be improved. Rattles in several places, but I push the vehicle to the max. My Ex-wife says I am in my second childhood at 54 - but what the heck, I was too broke at 18 to afford $7,000 in audio gear. Scion should look at better speaker placement for the OEM install.