Used 2005 Scion tC Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 455 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Scion tC Hatchback

View reviews for a specific tC model:

Love my Tc
By jagon09

2005 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Tc used with only 23k miles. very rare to find an 05 vehicle with such low miles for a three year old car. it is very sporty and has a very good turn radius. love the pioneer system in it i put it on feel and its good to go. handling is very good and it handles curves very well around corners even at speeds of 80mph. not sure bout mpg yet considering im still calculating but it is way better than my old truck. i bought this car as an alternate to a mustang since my mother said i couldn't have one considering im still 17. but i love this car and what else is awesome is that it has the same name as my dad, his name is TC too. lol

Double moon roof, double one touch windows(driver and passenger), pioneer system, has a lot of power for a 4cyl engine, same name as my dad(TC)

More space between pedals, they're so close that people with big feet like me have to drive barefoot or hit all three pedals at the same time, cheap interior, a plastic piece broke off of trunk door and wont snap back into place, hard to keep clean on inside as well with black interior

Fun, I guess..
By rjy1988

2005 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car after looking around at similar cars. This one seemed like the best buy. After having it for a couple of months I had to take it in to have a protective screen put on the moonroof. A few months later the moonroof had trouble closing. It would get close to closing then open all the way again, it now still takes about one minute for it to close completely. Other than that I haven't had many problems with it. It doesn't handle very well in rainy/snowy conditions and I can feel the tires slipping a lot. It is a great car though for adding on aftermarket parts. I put on cold-air intake and new exhaust, and like it a lot. It is a good car for its price, but don't expect too much.

Pretty quick acceleration

Gas mileage, traction, small rattling sounds (I have one coming from the a/c in the front that drives me crazy)

Geat Car
By Herb

2005 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new in 2004 and still think it's great! I have taken six trips to Tennessee in it 540 miles one way and always get 30 miles per gallon doing 75-80 mph. I have yet to drive it in the winter though. I really like the looks of the car, the only complaint, is that when I first drive it sometimes the sunroof rattles, oh and I traded my new Honda Civic EX for it, now that was a really slow car. You can't get a better car for the money than the TC.

Looks and performance.

Six speed maybe

Scion tc review
By erin

2005 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a nice looking car and fun to drive. For the price you get what you paid for. I have some problems with the body of the car. This car is horrible in the snow.

Fun to drive, like the sunroof, pretty good gas mileage, good style

Sunroof whistles, body needs to be built stronger. My back trim around the hatchback is broken and also my sun visor/shield has also recently broken, Car dents easily from other people bumping it with their car doors.

Faster than a Supra!
By hachiroku

2005 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have an 05 tC and an 88 Supra. R&T tested both cars in the year they were produced, the tC was 7.8 to 60, the Supra 7.9. The car handles like it's on rails, the stock tires are very good. The build quality is very good, but there is a rattle in the dash when it's cold (surprise...). Driveability is extremely good. Except for being a little taller and being FWD this car is as much a blast as my '85 Corolla GTS was. The stock sound system is good, better speakers like Quarts make it excellent.

Styling, handling, agility and sheer fun to drive. Good sound from stock stereo, smooth looking controls. With a hatch and fold down seats I can move my 2x15" bass amp in the car with ease. The overhead panoramic roof is fantastic.

The seats to me are not that comfortable. I am used to the seats in my 88 Supra, my 85 Corolla GTS and my 85 Celica GTS with longer seat bottoms. Also, the seat is too close to the pedals. The other cars I sit and stretch in, this one is like sitting at a desk. Body panels are thin!