Used 2001 Saturn L-Series Consumer Reviews

Used L-Series for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...22

Pros
Cons

I love it.

mrzerathemant, 04/11/2013

Well, my dad bought this car used for $1200 with about 146000 miles (I think.) I've owned it for about a year and it's about to have 156000 on it. The only thing I can say is the oil leak it has can be a bit annoying and it smells like engine coolant whenever I turn it off. But other than that I absolutely love it. The accelleration is incredible and the gas mileage is very nice. Too bad my speakers and stereo suck. Why you no have tape player?! I wouldnt trade her in for anything, well, maybe the stationwagon version. Its one of my goals to make the odometer read 500000 on this car. How can I sum her up? Well as Stevie Ray Vaughn once said, Shes my sweet little thing, shes my pride and joy.

Worst car ever

Never Again!!!, 10/15/2010

Bought my Saturn used w/ 48,000 miles. After 2 yrs I had to replace my timing chain ($2000 to fix). Eating through tires and oil faster then ever. 2 yrs after fixing my engine it is now completely dead, finally had to sell it to the salvage yard for nothing. Timing chain broke again and destroyed the engine. 4 yrs in I started leaking coolant into the floor of the car, the whole under the hood started to rust and had to replace the whole coolant system to rusted to repair, also the battery brackets rusted to the battery. I had the car for 6 yrs and put over $6000 in repairs and now it is completely dead at the salvage yard with 146,500 miles on it. Would never touch another Saturn again!

My 4th Saturn!

LawBoy25, 11/13/2010

Recently bought my L200 with 2.2L engine, which is fuel friendly, reliable, and provide decent pep. I've owned an Ion sedan, Vue V6, and SL2 sedan in the past. I just needed something inexpensive to own, maintain, & insure since while I finish law school. It has 117,000 miles and I believe I can get another 117,000 miles out of it. It makes a great 1st car or 2nd car. I hope to find a good Saturn Aura as my 5th Saturn after I finish school.

6 Happy Years Of Ownership

E. Hein, 10/28/2006

This is my second Saturn and my first was a new '97 SW2. This car has been great to drive and own as was the last one. I have the 4 cylinder automatic which has plenty of power to get me to my vacation home in the mountains. I get 31-33 mpg on the highway and 19-23 in town. I have kept mileage records since day one of owning the car. I wish that Saturn still built a car like this.

Horrible Experience

moogplayer, 01/25/2007

Bought this wagon for my growing small family. At approx $20K + 0.9% financing over 5 yrs it was a good deal at the time. Plus the advertised 24/32 MPG was a selling point for us. Factory Firestone tires were terrible so at 5K had to replace those. Things started happening before the warranty was up. Steering rack, transmmission woes, power slippage. Dealer refused to acknowledge there were problems until after the 3 yr warranty elapsed. So I dealt with a squealing steering system and a supreme lack of power. I was flooring it up suburban hills and highways at 40mph. Resale value was terrible. Finally traded it in for a Honda CRV. Never again.

12345...22