Used 2007 Saturn ION Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used ION for Sale
Select your model:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

2007 ION Mold issue

E Frickert, 09/18/2009

I've had a continuing problem with a mold smell (and actual mold growing) from the engine compartment into the interior cab. I've had it in for service twice and the third time today. They are trying to push "environmental" issues as the cause but I cannot believe every ION in Florida has mold issues under the hood. I am curious if any other users had this same problem

SatisfiedVeryI bought a preowned

Maclary, 09/23/2010

Very happy with car but disappointed with a squeaky brake pedal. Dealer says it is a faulty booster and cannot do anything about it. Been greased two times and still squeaks.

2007 Saturn ION 2 Sedan

Orbit9090, 11/21/2007

Our Saturn ION 2 sedan automatic 2.2L is very quiet and smooth riding. It is noticeably quieter and smoother than our 2007 Toyota Corolla LE automatic, especially when accelerating from a stop. The ION's handling is excellent. Headroom and legroom is impressive for this class of vehicle. Average fuel mileage (27 mpg) is not as good as our Corolla (30 mpg), but the ION feels much more spacious and comfortable inside. The ION's standard steering- wheel mounted cruise-control performs perfectly.

Economy

ed, 05/29/2008

I researched compadible vechicles, and either the price for what I needed and the fit for size and comfort was not met by these other options. This vehicles runs great, handles nicely and even though it is not a stick, the 2.2l engine still gave me 34.6 miles per gallon for highway driving on its first road trip. This is impressive considering it is larger than the Saturn SL2 that I could squeeze as much as 40 miles to the gallon under certain conditions, but was to small for taller passangers. I will keep an eye on it to see what overall performance will be in the future, having owned a Saturn in the past, I believe it will be impressive.

Love my Saturn ION

patriziam, 06/12/2019
2 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

This has been the best car I have owned. As a female you want a car that is reliable and doesn't constantly give you trouble. I bought my Saturn right off the truck 12 years ago, 200,000 miles later it still runs great.

Nice little car

Ben Francis, 11/22/2019
2 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I ended up buying this car. The mileage was a nice selling point for me and the mpg is great. The dealership put new tires on it which is a plus. Overall pretty happy with my purchase.

Horrible, save yourself the hassle!

CourtneyT, 09/12/2008

I bought this car in Dec 2007 for a birthday gift to myself. Ii am 19 and had never owned a new car. Well let's just say if I could go back and get a different car I would! At 3000 miles my car was in the shop 2 times for clunking while doing u turns, which they replaced the tire well and it still continues today, and also a chirping in the tires. They tell me there is nothing wrong with it, also still going on today. I have 8000 miles on my car & I have been to the shop 9 times for the reasons above and now clunking in the back of the car as well as brake clunking. My rotors have been replaced for being warped after 2000 miles. and the tire well, also things have been falling off the car!

Would not reccomend

inpeaces, 04/28/2009

This car has been nothing but trouble for me, in the 1yr of owning it I have had to replace the headlights (apparently they had cracked and there was about a cup of water in each), the electrical system is very touchy (not fun having your seemingly brand new car stall at a light) and to put the icing on the cake my right side mirror fell off, no I did not hit anything, it simply fell off while driving.. Also it gets no where near the estimated gas millage, I might as well be fueling a truck for as much gas as this car eats up. It will take a lot for me to buy from Saturn again.

Great Small Car

Cardog, 06/03/2008

My college daughter had driven this car in Grand Rapids for the past year with wonderful fuel economy and through a lot of hard winter days. This was a great buy and it is too bad GM stopped making this fuel efficient and affordable small vehicle. She loves the center display as she is short and can see the road better with nothing block her forward vision. With a manual transmission the highway economy is 35mpg. She claims this is a very quiet car and I would agree as I have a couple of Saturn Vues, 2006 and 2007 and it is by far more quiet then these more expensive Saturns on the highway. With full airbags I feel confident she is in a safe vehicle even thought it is a compact.

Couldn't be happier

Couldn't be happier, 12/30/2007

Our daughter purchased the first model year (2003) ION, and is generally pleased with it. The ION has been refined and improved each year, then when they "perfected" it, they stopped making it. We purchased this car used (31,500 miles), but it looks, handles, and performs as if we just drove it out of the new car showroom. A good, solid feel to it, and fun to drive. A mistake with the original ION was the factory-installed Firestone tires (terrible), but they switched to Goodyear Assurance Comfortreds a few years ago, and they are great, safe tires!

12345...8