Used 2007 Saturn ION Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used ION for Sale
Select your model:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

Stay Away!

sandmanz66, 07/05/2009

I bought this car because, at the time I thought my 2003 had been ruined by a quick oil change company. The engine died at 150k. The dealership offered me 1k for the dead car to buy a 2007. I did and regretted it from day one. The engine on the 07 died at 52k miles. I had 2 steering replacements the first costing over 800 dollars. The trunk bar broke almost after a month. The car sounds like its ready to break in half when you hit an average sized bump. The transmission was really quirky when accelerating. The interior stained way to easily and was cheap. There was a constant chirping sound from the front wheel area that would get fixed and happen again not long after. I'm out of space now.

Nothing but problems!

Simpleplex, 03/07/2010

After buying it new, there was a brake problem, warped disk. They fixed it. Then, at about 35,000 mi. the radio stopped working properly. The engine light came on. Saturn said engine light was caused by bad injector, replaced and problem still there. Some dummy lights would stay on and go off. Had to replace bearings. A lot of ride and engine noise, and front wheel noise, and brake vibration because disk is warped again. Seems to be some transmission problem with hard shift into first gear. So basically, a terrible car with too many problems at such low miles.

Bob's Best

Bob's Best, 06/09/2008

There is no doubt but that this is the best car I have ever had in terms of quality. I have 19,000 miles on it and have not had a significant repair. All work done on the car has been routine maintenance. My son-in-law has the same car but without the fancy features and his experience is similar to mine.

Pleased

Pleased, 06/25/2008

I bought my Saturn used (22000 miles). I've only had it for 4 months, but I am extrememly pleased. Gas mileage is great 26/27 in town, 31/33 highway. I find that the car has plenty of power and I like the ease of parking. The only drawback is the comfort level. I'm not a small guy, 5'11" 250+. I find that there's not a lot of leg room for the driver. Of course I was driving an F150 before.

An afforfable car for a single lady

sugababy, 08/10/2008

I purchased a Saturn because I could not afford a Toyota Corolla. However, my driving experience has been great. I drove this car from Alabama to Texas and back. It did not give me any problems. After I purchased my Saturn, one of my friends decided to purchase one. If you are in the market for an affordable and reliable car, I would strongly advise you to consider purchasing this vehicle. The monthly payments are extremely affordable too. If you are looking for luxury, honey you are looking in the wrong place. Remember that the car's main objective is to get you from point A to Point B. That's it!

2007 Saturn ION

mannagift, 12/25/2007

We absolutely love this car. No, it doesn't drive or ride as well as our Cadilac, but itt sure gets a lot better mileage. 44MPG on the road. and 35 around town. Good comfortable car for the money. And we can tow it behind the motorhome. My wife drives it to and from her work for pennies a day. We love It!

Excellent car , for the price.

Brian, 01/04/2009

I find this Ion to be an excellent car. Keep in mind it is not a luxury car. Basically a no-nonsense, reliable vehicle. I had owned 2 Saturns previous to this one & have found all 3 to be reliable, transportation, & based on cost per mile I couldn't be more satisfied. Unfortunately the polymer exterior panels were dis-continued in 2007. That was one of the main reasons I chose to buy Saturn. They are tough , don't rust or corrode & the paint finish is as attractive after 5 years as it was when new. Not to say these cars are flawless. I have encountered a few minor problems. None that ever put the car out of service & all were repaired under warranty to my satisfaction.

Good Value for the Money

Mick, 03/07/2009

After somebody cut out in front of me and my 10 year old used car got smashed up, I applied some of the insurance money towards a new 2007 Saturn ION. The Saturn dealer let me have it for under $12,000 and I've been happy ever since. It came with cold AC, a decent radio with CD player, 1 year of FREE OnStar service, and dark tinted windows. It drives well, has pep, and it cruises at 80 so well that it feels like you're going 60. I've put almost 19,000 miles on it in 17 months and it's been a very good car.

A great starter car

MJF, 03/20/2009

I bought the stripped down version of this car (manuel transmission and windows) for 12500 brand new and so far its been worth every penny. 30000 miles later it still runs great and gives me no problems. At 20000 the change oil light went on and stayed on thru 2 oil changes but it evenually went off. The interior is a tall persons dream as the front seats go back extremly far, making it very comfortable (im 6'5) The milage is constantly around 30mpg. The only downside is the lack of acceleration in the car. Even is a standard you cant beat a SUV of the line. If you want a simple no frills car that is reliable, go with this car.

Nice Basic Vehicle

Doug, 03/21/2009

I orignally purchased this car for one of my kids, but needs changed and I've ended up driving it. It's a nice basic vehicle. It has adequate power and handles nicely, although the traction control doesn't deal with deep snow as well as it should. Gas mileage is pretty good, about 23-25 mpg in the city and up to 35 mpg on the highway. It provides reliable, economical transportation. Certainly deserves a better rating than the Edmunds Editors gave it.

12345...8