Used 2007 Saturn ION Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used ION for Sale
Select your model:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

Have to defend my ION!

TheTaxWizard, 10/28/2008

I have to defend this car. Have had mine for 14 months and with the exception of a tiny bit of wind noise (Saturn will fix it) the car is great. No, I am not in any way affiliated with Saturn or GM. In fact, this is the first American car I have owned new since 1979. Folks, it's a $20,000 car, not a $40,000 SUV. When I drive well, I get an avg city/hwy of 33mpg. I use only good gas-Union, Shell, Chevron, etc. I change the oil every 3,000 miles no matter what the OnStar report says. I keep the tires inflated properly and clean the air filter every 6 mo (dusty area) Frankly, I was very happily surprised as I have been very soured on American cars.

A Solid Little Car

murphy49, 11/05/2011

I bought my ION 3 Quad Coupe new in April of 2007. It wasa solid car with good build quality despite the relatively low price. Over the next 4 years I put over 131,000 miles on the car with only two major problems: The throttle position sensor and the power steering motor failed. I also had to replace the original tires (Chinese Hancooks which were 3 years older than the ION) because the they had dry-rotted to a dangerous level. I would still be driving the ION today if it hadn't been totaled in a rollover accident which was not the fault of the ION. It kept me alive. I only reget GM decided to try to make Saturn into an outlet for German Opels and thus killed the Saturn product line.

2007 Saturn ION 2 4 dr.

Eric, 09/12/2008

I have owned this car for about three months now and have been very pleased with this car. I drive arond 100 miles a day and all interstate. I have been averaging between 30 and 33 mpg. The car drives and handles great and has surprising pep for a 4 cylinder. As of now, no problems and still enjoy driving the car.

Miss the Saturn Dealer

roving123, 02/28/2010

Bought my Ion 2 new after owning an SL2. Love the way it looks and drives. Currently has 38,000 miles on, several real long trips. The only problems I have had are: 1.Right side mirror fell off.... (I thought someone may have torn it off, but see someone else who did a review lost theirs as well.)2.After driving on a very long trip out west going over some terrible road construction (read big chunky rocks and holes- no road)had to have the strut and mount replaced and exhaust system fixed. All was covered under warranty (it was just under 36000 miles at the time). Haven't experienced any problems with steering, noise, bad mpg as some report. Always starts, even in coldest weather.

Great Car

Shawn, 02/16/2008

I wanted an American car. I know this doesn't exist in the truest sense any more, but I wanted to find something made by US workers for an American maker. I've had great luck with foreign cars in the past, and so – so luck with American cars, but I wanted to support US workers as much as possible this time. I thought “This is their last chance”. So far the car has been great. Just what I wanted. Nothing fancy, just a commuter. 8K miles in a NE winter on mixed freeway\city roads. 31 mpg average and I make no attempt to drive efficiently. If these first 8k miles are any indication, I'll be back.

Great Car

LuvinmySaturn, 12/02/2006

This is a great car! It is the first Saturn that I've ever owned and I love it! The mileage is great. I like the center dashboard and the responsiveness of the car. Currently, my car has a leaking problem, but the dealership gave me a loaner and I have confidence in them to fix it. Other than that, the car has been superb. I like the fact that if I need to accelerate quickly that it doesn't shift in to a "passing gear", but that it just accelerates!

Best car for the money, hands down.

Getch, 12/20/2006

Built in America, built by Americas, and reliable. The Honda Civic doesn't even compare in my mind in terms of price and quality.

Ion

g g, 05/17/2017
2 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Great little auto

Suspension, Manual Transmission

OML, 11/24/2009

I bought3 cars, 2 stripped down version and one with Auto Tran. The front suspension started to clunk/rattle while driving over not-so-rough road conditions,all three vehicles affected when they hit the 33K mark approx. The traded 1995 SL2 front end noise started when it reached 165k miles. There is a grinding noise when shifting to 4th or fifth gear. Downshifting becomes impossible sometimes ( will take 2 or 3 attempts until it finally engages). The passenger side air bag light will turn ON (intermittent) when there is no passenger.

Excellant first car!

shannabanana1, 05/21/2012

My dad bought this car for me in 2007. It was brand new when I bought it, and I've driven it rough, to say the least, for the past 5 years. I have never had any serious problems with this car, and have rarely had to do any repairs except for general maintenance. The only real headache I've had with it is that it has ignition problems. The key is sometimes hard to turn and one time the key actually got stuck in the ignition. I had to drive it to a repair shop and let it run out of gas because I could not get the key out. But all in all it cost about $100 to fix and I haven't had problems since. Its built like crap but that's why it made such a good first car.

12345...8