Used 1997 Saab 9000 Consumer Reviews

$843 - $1,810

Used 9000 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

5yrs later

dbrooks22, 08/25/2012
CSE Turbo 4dr Hatchback

I wrote a review below in 2007. Since then, i have had to do only the water pump, which started leaking only after i power flushed the coolant. Really can't believe how solidly this car was built. I also have the auto and wish i had a stick shift. And my car was a NYC car for the first 50K of it's life. But these cars were built for cold weather... overbuilt really. Anyone who has not seen the Top Gear Saab Tribute from a few months ago should head over to Youtube right now. Saab really did build a better car.. a car to last for decades. It's a dam shame what happened to them. Their attention to every detail, the quality of construction, and pride in engineering are inspiring.

Best Car Ever

JT, 06/06/2009
CS Turbo 4dr Hatchback

With a few miles short of 270,000 I can safely say this is the best car I have ever owned. I bought this Saab new and have driven it 80-85% highway. Highway mileage driving at 75+ MPH is 28/29, well beyond original rating. I have put tires on it every 60-80K, oil every 5-6K, and exhaust systems every 70-90K. Beyond these, only a fuel pump and two clutches and scheduled maintenance. The best and still running like a top.

As great in 2012 as it was in '97

joliver4, 07/13/2012
CSE Turbo 4dr Hatchback

I actually have the automatic, which I bought in the name of practicality because I live in Los Angeles and I sit in hours of traffic every week -- but since buying the car, I half-wish I had a stick because this car is so much fun to drive. Originally from MA, the car's undercarriage rusted significantly before I bought it, which has caused a dearth of minor(ish) problems. Though, in the car's defense, none that you wouldn't expect to see on a 17-year-old vehicle with mostly original equipment. I have taken it from 82K miles a couple of years ago to about 107K today without any major repairs. Build quality, especially where the interior is concerned, is a bit lacking.

1997 Saab Aero Review

Karl K, 10/03/2005
Aero Turbo 4dr Hatchback

I purchased this used car as my everyday driver after my wife bought a 2003 Audi A6 2.7T. I paid top dollar for the car as it was in excellent condition. Required repairs for the car were minimal (at purchase, $440, including fluid changes, and shift shaft fixes). Since then, repairs and maintenance included new mufflers, oil and filters, a set of tires, wiper washer bottle, antenna, engine accessory belt, extra keys, alignment, light bulbs and brake pads, all told probably about $2400. The alignment probably should have been done at purchase. Accident repair was $808 from a pickup backing into the rear in a parking lot.

Ageless Styling

Brahma, 03/19/2002
CSE Anniversary Turbo 4dr Hatchback

Great power for passing on the highway. Very comfortable inside but looks sporty outside, and handles much better than your run of the mill "near-luxury".