Skip to main content

List Price Estimate

Used 9000 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...10

We have a limited number of reviews for the 1997 9000, so we've included reviews for other years of the 9000 since its last redesign.

Pros
Cons
4 out of 5 stars

5yrs later

dbrooks22, 08/25/2012
1997 Saab 9000 CSE Turbo 4dr Hatchback

I wrote a review below in 2007. Since then, i have had to do only the water pump, which started leaking only after i power flushed the coolant. Really can't believe how solidly this car was built. I also have the auto and wish i had a stick shift. And my car was a NYC car for the first 50K of it's life. But these cars were built for cold weather... overbuilt really. Anyone who has not seen the Top Gear Saab Tribute from a few months ago should head over to Youtube right now. Saab really did build a better car.. a car to last for decades. It's a dam shame what happened to them. Their attention to every detail, the quality of construction, and pride in engineering are inspiring.

5 out of 5 stars

Best Car Ever

JT, 06/06/2009
1997 Saab 9000 CS Turbo 4dr Hatchback

With a few miles short of 270,000 I can safely say this is the best car I have ever owned. I bought this Saab new and have driven it 80-85% highway. Highway mileage driving at 75+ MPH is 28/29, well beyond original rating. I have put tires on it every 60-80K, oil every 5-6K, and exhaust systems every 70-90K. Beyond these, only a fuel pump and two clutches and scheduled maintenance. The best and still running like a top.

4.88 out of 5 stars

A great car to own

drfig, 01/12/2010
1996 Saab 9000 CS Turbo 4dr Hatchback

Looking back, this has been one great car. Nearly 13 years and 151,000. This was my 5th SAAB. Still fun to drive and looks perfect. other than a minor clear coat issue, I have never had a major problem with car. Usual maintenance, plus water pump (2x), belt tensioner, brakes, tires, exhaust. Thats almost nothing! Shame on GM for messing up and may close SAAB down.

4.88 out of 5 stars

STILL PERFECT... but

Laurent, 07/06/2006
1996 Saab 9000 Aero Turbo 4dr Hatchback

Last time, I made an issue about the interior. (It hasn't change since its intoduction in 1986) I still do. BUT this car has 152K on it and she still flys!! I had gone 125mph racing Mustangs, BMW, and Corvettes. The fastest I ever went was appox 137mph. I cannot believe the engine is still this strong. I did not modify anything on this car. The car still gets a mix loop (city/highway) of 26mpg.

4.5 out of 5 stars

As great in 2012 as it was in '97

joliver4, 07/13/2012
1997 Saab 9000 CSE Turbo 4dr Hatchback

I actually have the automatic, which I bought in the name of practicality because I live in Los Angeles and I sit in hours of traffic every week -- but since buying the car, I half-wish I had a stick because this car is so much fun to drive. Originally from MA, the car's undercarriage rusted significantly before I bought it, which has caused a dearth of minor(ish) problems. Though, in the car's defense, none that you wouldn't expect to see on a 17-year-old vehicle with mostly original equipment. I have taken it from 82K miles a couple of years ago to about 107K today without any major repairs. Build quality, especially where the interior is concerned, is a bit lacking.

12345...10