2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 1500 model:

Best 1/2 ton ever owned
By Guy Bauer

2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 6.3 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

2nd Ram with problems!
By 2nd NEW ram truck disappointed customer!

2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Big Horn 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.3 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

This is the second NEW ram truck we have owned. The first was a 2011 4x4 crew cab that we loved but was part of the huge recall where the back ends need replaced, which really put a bad taste in our mouth since we had been driving this truck pulling campers and boats for many years with children on trips, knowing they should have recalled this years ago and knowing we weren't "safe" was a bad feeling. Dealership said it would be 8-10 weeks without our truck to repair, really?? So we traded it in! Bought a new 2015 4x4 big horn with the longer bed, love it!! But each time we started it up a big cloud of white smoke blew out the tale pipes. We contacted salesman, who said to put first 1000 miles on it and if it's still did it to bring it in. At 5,000 miles husband does first oil change and only 2 quarts of oil comes out (it holds 7 quarts)!!! We take it to dealership explain this, they hook it up and say "it has to be water vapor, nothing's wrong with truck". We continue to drive it, we are adding a quart of oil every 1000-1500 miles! That's a lot of oil this truck is burning!! We now have 10,000 miles and decide they are going to figure this out. We take it in to dealer, nothing leaking oil outside engine so they mark the oil level and tell us to drive it 1,000 miles and bring it back in so they can "document how much it's burning then send a request to Chrysler dodge fiat to see if they will allow them to replace or repair engine". So now we play their game... I think it's ridiculous! We pay $45,000 for a brand new truck that burns oil like a 20 year old truck?!?! Just to be told they may or may not fix the problem... As much as we have loved our 2 ram trucks, if they don't fix this under warranty, it will be the last dodge Chrysler anything we own!!!!

Give one a try
By Clayton

2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

First off, I had a Lemon. Took it to the dealer 3 times for steering vibrations that could not be resolved. Dealer was a pain in the behind but FCA was great to deal with. They bought the truck back. I didn't even ask for it.
2nd Ram is great! Going on 26000 miles and it's solid. Only have been back to the dealer for small things. Like uconnect updates.
It rides like a car, plenty if power. Consistently 21+ mpg on highway. Very comfortable seats.
My conclusion. Very well designed truck. Prolly the best of all truck brands. I'm not brand loyal either. I go with the best product. However, the unions are what plagues these truck companies. Unions should be busted up. That's why reliability is hit and miss. These guys might be pissed off at management one week and put together a string of sloppily made trucks. I've been part of a union and they aren't good for the auto industry.

Update: this Ram has 37k miles on it and it is one solid truck! I love it. No squeaks or rattles, and very reliable.

Dash shifter?
By B callender

2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Outdoorsman 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Not our first Ram. Had the hemi last round and loved it other than the cheap street tires they use.
This one tho, seriously? The shifter is a knob on the dash? Horrible! Hate it. Its a truck, a truck needs a shifter. Also the rear temp controls are bad design. Again... Horrible choice of rubber for a truck tire.
All in all space wise, looks , reliabilty are good. But that dash shifter? Godawful.

2015 Ram Bighorn Ecodiesel Review
By Jim

2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Big Horn 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Just passed 8,000 on my Ecodiesel, and so far I am very impressed with this truck. The truck is exciting to drive with seemingly endless torque and plenty of horsepower combined with amazing fuel economy and luxury. I've had no major issues; this is the 2nd Ram truck I've owned and been very happy with both of them. I would recommend the Ecodiesel without hesitation. With the Ecodiesel being a newer platform for Ram, I hope my satisfaction continues and this proves to be a smart and worthwhile purchase. As of now, I will say it has been the best all around vehicle I have owned.