Used 2008 Porsche Cayenne Consumer Reviews - 50 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Porsche Cayenne Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cayenne model:

10 year owner
By Dwats

2008 Porsche Cayenne Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned a 2008 Porsche Cayenne S for 10 years as of 11/2017. The maintance is expensive that’s the only drew back to owning the awesome vehicle. The vehicle did not required any major repairs until this year. Outside of maintenance cost this vehicle handles the road extremely well and has and awesomely smooth ride even.

2008 Cayenne GTS
By Paul Lunsman

2008 Porsche Cayenne GTS Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Great build and reliability. Very good performance in acceleration, braking, and handling

cayenne's rock
By jd floring

2008 Porsche Cayenne Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

its a porsche ,but everythings expensive now.

One of the best SUV that I own
By CDI

2008 Porsche Cayenne GTS 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

I bought the 09 GTS in 2011 with 10k on the odometer. Still, with factory warranty I drove it as much as I could and after a month or so a check engine light came on. It was the filter from the transmission, easy fix. From that time on, the car is running great. I have now 47K miles on it. During this time I did change the front and rear brake pads and front disk brakes, went through few sets of tires, oil changes every year and all the maintenance at Porsche dealer. I can say it is the best car I ever owned. Porsche customer service is outstanding and helpful, they never sell me unnecessary service.

Better than I had anticipated Reliability
By Pat Edwards

2008 Porsche Cayenne S 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Among the best SUV's I have ever owned. I am also a Porsche 911C4 owner and I am very impressed with how Porsche designed the Cayenne. However, I am disappointed that for a 2008 vehicle, the bluetooth function is not on par with a vehicle that costs much less. In fact, the bluetooth function is absent altogether, and interfacing mobile electronics or other devices is not possible without a significant aftermarket appliance cost. Additionally, the CD changer has known problems that are not able to be repaired inexpensively. If one can overlook these drawbacks, then the Porsche Cayenne remains a solid vehicle and extremely reliable.