Used 1998 Pontiac Sunfire Consumer Reviews

Used Sunfire for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...10

Pros
Cons

Fantastic Reliable Car

Hamhawk, 10/30/2010
SE 2dr Coupe

This was my first car purchase. I was barely a month over 18 in 1998 when I decided I needed to replace my aging 1977 Mustang II. I chose the 98 Pontiac Sunfire because of its sleek look and features. 12 years later I am still driving my little blue car. The 2.4 twin cam engine has plenty of pep and has never let me down, whether driving in the Mojave Desert or in Downtown San Francisco traffic. The only persistent problems I have had revolve around the cooling system. I have needed to replace the radiator fan and thermostat more times than I can remember (thankfully only a few hundred to repair), the ABS system has failed irreparably, but she has gone over 12 years and over 183,000 miles

Love my Sunfire

lina2, 01/27/2012
SE 2dr Convertible

I bought my 1998 Sunfire in 2000. I have been driving it ever since. It is an awesome little car and I will be sad to replace it this year. I am only replacing it because my teenagers cannot sit facing forward due to the lack of leg room. We have not had many problems with it at all. The most extensive repair was the timing. This is an awesome car for someone on a budget. The repairs are very inexpensive (some of which with basic knowledge and a repair manual can be done by the owner).

Bizkit, 11/08/2004
GT 2dr Coupe

Cannot crack windows open in the rain or I get wet. Radio volume knob is a bit annoying. Other than those 2 things though it is a great car. Shifts smooth and handles the curves very well. Strong 4 cyl. engine with just enough HP for a small car.

Best GM Car owned to date

'Happy', 08/10/2006
SE 2dr Coupe

Very impressed with reliability, gas mileage and exterior paint (red). Have only changed front brake pads, battery and tires after eight years. The car shines almost as good as new. My highway mileage at times exceeds 500 miles to a tank of gas(5 speed manual). What else can you ask for?

What will I drive next

Tea, 05/28/2010
SE 4dr Sedan

i like the car for its gas mileage, but when i go on trips that are 50 mi. or more, it's not fun to drive.

12345...10