Used 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Grand Prix for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

GRAND PRIX GXP 2008-STILL THE BEST

awos, 05/31/2013
GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Just an update on my 2008 GXP. I have 55,000 miles on it now and still running like new. It's hard to believe that most car mags blasted this car. This car will run with most sports sedans and knock the hell out of the rest. If you can find one thats been maintained, oil changes and the like, BUY IT. I'm 6' 3"" tall and 230 lbs and the leather seats are still in great shape. Why Pontiac was killed is a shame. Bring it back, somebody.

Gxp, Pontiac's best

AL, 06/01/2010

Have had this car for a year now, the only repair we have had was a flat tire. They best car we have owned! For someone who is big, comfort is excellent. Power is enough too put down most cars. Why they axed Pontiac is a crime.

Pontiac shouldn't have left us

Tom rauch, 12/30/2015
GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After owning the car for about a year, I have gone through all 4 seasons. Spring, good. Summer, alright with the exception of the tranny running hot. Fall, good. Winte... now getting 2 feet of snow in a week, icy roads and a v8. I was nervous, but with stability control, abs, and traction control I found myself more relaxed through the winter then I thought I would be. This car has truly surprised me with it winter capabilities. I snowboard and so I need room for my gear, and also need to get up the mountain. This car has proved itself worthy. Now fuel economy for me is about 22 mpg, I drive 60 miles a day just for work and plus all of my running around is in this car. For a v8 and me having a heavy foot sometimes, I can't complain. Which brings me to my next point. This car is quiet, but if you open her up she has a growl that is just beautiful. Not to much and not to little. The interior is... Well the hud is nice, I love the seats, butt warmers, dual auto climate control, and dic. However the plastics rattle Alot. It is in my opinion the biggest down side to the car. I am aproaching 120k miles, and do regular maintenance, along with preventative maintenance, and have had no major issues yet. The value had gone down to much, so if you wanted one now is the time for 4 or 5 grand. I am happy with this car so far after putting almost 50k miles on it and hope it keeps me that way.

2008 GP GXP

awos, 03/12/2012

I have had my red GXP for 3 1/2 yrs now. She got 48,000 miles on her and no problems, here that Consumers Report, Car & Driver and rest of critics. The car preforms day in and day out. Fast, comfortable and reliable. I am 6'2" and there's plenty of room Interior is standing up better than expected.

BMW Killer?

Realworld, 04/19/2008

As far as this thing compared to a European sedan, that's like comparing a Jackhammer to a golf club. It does go - but, pretty much where ever the surplus of traction happens to be - hang on tight! or you might kiss the guard rail. Amenities are good but overkill - "Stealth Mode" is a bit sophomoric, as are the useless fixed tap shifters in a dated 4 speed slush box. (they work fine as a two speed stoplight racer). Brakes are more aesthetic than athletic - and where is the Spare tire? a can of goo? Interior quality typical GM with loose door panels(one fell off in parking lot after opening drivers door!), cheap plastic buttons and drooping headliner. Not too reassuring in a new car

Last year 2008 GP GXP goes out Winner!

69Judge, 09/13/2009

These GP GXP's are a terrific value right now. Very stylish inside and out. It is a blast to drive the V8 is strong and produces a great exhaust tone on the road, it handles the road with ease all instrumentation is easy to read and driver friendly. Everyone loves te suede leather bucket seats they are really comfortable. I have plenty of head/leg room. The 18 inch rims really make the car stand out in the parking lot. The GXP makes driving fun again, sporty with V8 power to match and all the extra options you'd expect from a luxury car. The 05-08 GXP's(14,800) are one of the automotive industry's best kept secrets!! I'm very, very happy with mine.

2008 grand prix gxp

DUANE, 09/30/2010

Beast car I ever had, love how it handles and hugs the road. Great body design

Very Comfortable Car: a few design flaws

HK2674, 03/31/2008

We just drove this car for a week and drove 3,000 miles in it (with our dog). It was a very comfortable, great car with a lot of room. We drove it from Nevada to Nebraska in rain, blowing snow, gusting winds and some black ice.

Not a BMW 5 series killer...

Gomez, 01/19/2008

While the exhaust notes are a delightful symphony, the suspension and torque steer remove any fantasies of carving a canyon and putting the whup on any German engineered product. First impression: throaty growl stimulates adrenal gland...then ride on the street is like drinking sour milk. Suspension is so soft that the front emd bottoms out at speed over moderate undulations in the road. Feels like floating in a raft in the pool. Torque steer nearly planted me in the car in the next lane on the freeway. Under hard acceleration, it is not unlike flying a helicopter: don't even think of releasing the controls! Constant input requirement drowns the fun of the acceleration.

Perfect Blend

Dave, 06/30/2008

After reading the Edmunds Editor review I have to conclude that he or she did not even drive the car. First of all the GXP V8 weighs less than the old 3.8 supercharged GTP and I have seen 0 - 60 in less than 6 seconds. This car is a great blend of performance, fun, comfort and if driven correctly on the highway can get super mileage. I have been averaging 29 mpg on the highway and can still punch it out from a red light and leave a nice cloud of smoke in the rear view mirror. True to the G8 is a great performance car, but try driving it in the snow. At least the GXP gives you the V8 push and still offers descent year round driving capabilities. Next time have your editor drive one.

51050