Skip to main content

4.6 out of 5 stars
27 reviews
1...

See Edmunds pricing data

Has Your Car's Value Changed?

Used car values are constantly changing. Edmunds lets you track your vehicle's value over time so you can decide when to sell or trade in.

Price history graph example
We have a limited number of reviews for the 1991 Grand Prix, so we've included reviews for other years of the Grand Prix since its last redesign.

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

1990 GP SE 314k and counting

ThosL, 06/23/2003
1990 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 2dr Coupe

Originally purchased with 132,000 - currently has 314,817 miles. Its on its 2nd water pump! The original got me to 313,000. Have replaced the IAC Valve, Alternator, BRAKES,Got 150k on my last set of tires. Its a tight car. Excellent road car unless you are a passenger. Car has the console mounted compass. My tip is to use Synthetic motor oil and the BEST filter you can get. I change the oil every 6k miles, but once went 16k. Had one wheel bearing replaced. Overall a great car.

4.75 out of 5 stars

super dependable

Clay, 06/08/2005
1990 Pontiac Grand Prix LE 2dr Coupe

I bought this car from my dad. It had been his company car. Then I used it in college. Then my sister used it. Then it sat for 2 years. Finally, I bought it, put a new battery in it, changed the tires, and have driven it just about every day since. It is great in warm or cold weather, handles well, gets good gas mileage, and just runs like crazy.

4 out of 5 stars

sweet car for its time

Ralliartist, 11/20/2002
1991 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 2dr Coupe

I bought this car as a junior in college and it's still going strong. With all the pocket rockets that my friends have, this heavy beast (over 4000 lbs.) has what it takes to keep up with the rest. It's got great acceleration and a sweet looking stock body kit, especially for it's time! The only thing i don't like are the sucky brakes and the fact that it's a standard. Also, the exhaust likes to rust and the fuel pump went at 150k.

4.75 out of 5 stars

Going for 300K miles!

Tom, 06/10/2009
1991 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 2dr Coupe

This car has been an excellent vehicle. Very well designed interior and has been running for over 290,000 miles (that's like driving around the world a few times then driving to the moon). Its been very reliable since I've owned it with the exception of the alternator and blinker switch. Awesome car way ahead of its times for gadgets and deating/design!

4.63 out of 5 stars

McLaren GP

motodd18, 02/25/2006
1990 Pontiac Grand Prix Turbo 2dr Coupe

I have owned two of these cars and both of them performed beautifully. With tons of interior comforts including: steering wheel radio controls, 4 leather bucket seats, heads up windsheild display. This vehicle was definitely well ahead of its time.

1...