Used 2003 Pontiac Grand Am Consumer Reviews

Used Grand Am for Sale
Select your model:
12345...26

Pros
Cons

falling apart

reycor1842, 03/20/2011

i bought this pontiac grand am with 25,000 miles on it in 2004.was a good car until 2010. i started having electrical shorts-cruise control,horn,fog light window switch,dome light. at 90,000 miles the intake manifold gasket went out,while the mechanic was replacing the gasket he also discovered a censor that was not properly clipped down anywhere.the censor wiring was about shredded and in a place not visible unless the intake manifolds and other various parts are off the engine. had the brakes redone multiple times,in heavy rain the brakes make a grinding noise and seem as though the barely function at all when wet.I HATE THIS CAR...DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE!!!

Try a Dodge Stratus instead

Bob Westerman, 01/07/2003

This vehicle pales in comparison to others in its class. Think carefully before purchasing one - just because it is a few $ cheaper does not make it the better buy.

Not So Grand AM

Bill Mitchell, 08/10/2006

This has got to be the poorest car investment I have ever made. My Grand Am 4 dr. SE as soon as I passed the 60,000 km Warranty the car has been biodegrading on the road. Paint has literally been flying off the bumpers and the doors as i drive At 70,000 Km my air conditioning quit and some type of relay switch in the blinker has gone when I turn the clicking noise of the blinker keeps going for 45-60 seconds after the turn is completed. The fog lamps in the front tend to come loose and point in strange directions I have used Duct tape to hold them in place When called the dealer and told them of my concerns she said Oh they are prone to those problems but bring it in Pay for an Inspection

Not a bad car considering, but not great.

rumrunner83, 01/04/2013

I bought my Grand AM SE 2.2L brand new in November of 2002. I still have the car just over ten years now. Its a sporty car with a particularly powerful four cylinder engine. That being said, it is a four cylinder, and while the car is absolutely fantastic for highway driving, the car is simply too heavy for hills and cold weather. Even when the car was new it did not like climbing hills, and in the cold the engine loses significant horsepower. However, the car is amazing on gas if properly maintained and I have driven from southern Massachusetts to Bangor, Maine (Approximately 300 miles) before refueling.

I've had two, and no problems!

chevygirlie, 03/12/2012

I've had two grand ams. One was an 03 grand am gt coupe, and the other was an 01 se sedan. Both have well over 200,000 miles and were excellent cars! Had a good amount of power with the 3.4Ltr 6cyl. Gas mileage was amazing! I live in Wyoming and they both got around in the snow VERY well. Never had any trouble with either one, I have since upgraded to an SUV, but I do miss those cars. I would highly recommend, they are cheap to buy, cheap to fill, and cheap to maintain.

12345...26