Used 2000 Oldsmobile Alero Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used Alero for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
1...234567

Pros
Cons

Do Not Buy This Car

hatethiscar, 11/17/2006

I bought my Alero in 2002. The drivetrain has been fairly reliable except for some suspension problems. The real problem for me has been with the interior bits. Among other things, I've run into: 1. Two speakers inexplicably stopped working. The worked just fined once I replaced them (with original wiring even). 2. The A/C controls are messed up. The fan will only work on the two highest settings. 3. It has a peeling dash. 4. I have four (count 'em!) non-working power windows. I've had both front windows repaired multiple times, but they never seem to work longer than 6-8 months before failing again. This is, far and away, the most annoying problem I've had with the car.

More Than the Camry

Art, 11/29/2006

I have had my Alero for five years with no problems. I prefer the handling and safety features over my sister-in-law's newer Camry. The only small problem has been brake rotor warping, which is common on all cars with ABS brakes in our hilly area. It is also a wonderful towed vehicle, behind the motor home. The automatic lights are great.

Still Lovin' it...

ang, 01/03/2007

So, I bought this car for it's looks. I'm still loving it. I had to replace its brakes and rotors, my husband says I ride the brakes though. Also, I had to get a new water pump in 2004. To get to the point...I have three young kids and am a full time student, this car keeps up with all of us and has never left us on the side of the road! We do live in a hilly area and sometimes find that the tranny slips going up steep hills. I too love the automatic lights and convenient map lights. Oh, when I got this car it was missing the hazard lights? I'm not sure what that was all about.

I think my alero is a great car

halpain, 04/10/2003

I have had my alero for years now it was mine to begin with now its my sisters and she is enjoying it as much as i did it runs great....we go out of town alot and i know my alero isnt going to leave me stranded i love it and i recommend it to anyone

Good Car

Susi, 03/05/2007

This has been a dependable automobile. I have had very little trouble with my Alero. It's fun to drive.

best car I've owed in thirty years

RADKOR , 04/15/2003

Bought this car as a storm damaged r- titled car, tree fell accross the hood. Been driving for almost 2yrs. only thing replaced was a fuel regulator. Gets 34mpg hwy/ 24city. Keeps up w/ the best from Germany. Still has the original BFG's with 55k miles. With traction contol I was never stranded in our Pittsburgh snow,(66"). Gobbs of room, should have seen me, my wife and 2kids coming back from the grandparents in NC @ Christmas.

solid

vinmore, 04/28/2003

very easy to drive. zero problems.

It's not a Honda

A-guy, 05/06/2003

Purchased this car new and have had my share of ups and downs. Fortunately, the car had been under warranty. for my share of problems: Warpped rotors, leak in windshield, buckled material on the dashboard, leak in pass/rear door seal, rt ft shock mount. * never stranded. Now I am worried about what is to become of this car for the next few years. Not to mention the value. The rapid depreciation is main reason why I still own this car, the other reason is that, aside from all of the problems, I really love the car. There is something about it that allows me to look past the problems. Hopefully I will not have any major issues to change my mind.

Great Car

bquintan2000, 05/19/2003

I have owned the Alero GLS for the past 3 years and have been very pleased with the car. Like everyone else, my rotors went bad and had to be turned. However, that did not occur until 43,000 miles. The car handles great at high and slow speeds. Great interior, but will recommend having leather as oppose to the cheap cloth seats. I have never had to take my Alero to the shop since I purchased it 3 years ago. My Alero was supped up by the dealer and everybody mistakes it for a Mustang. Depreciation is poor. Did not retain its value, very disappointed!

Alero GLS

CAR CRITIC, 03/27/2002

I HAVE A 2000 ALERO GLS THAT HAS V6. EXCELLENT POWER WITH EXCEPTIONAL GAS MILEAGE (30 MPG HIGHWAY). THE BAD PART IS TORQUE STEER. THE CAR DOES NOT STEER WELL UNDER FULL THROTTLE. MY GLS MODEL HAS THE INTERIOR OF A MUCH MORE EXPENISVE CAR. MY BIGGEST COMPLAINT IS WITH BRAKES. THE NEW PADS EAT ROTORS LIKE CRAZY. THE CAR HAS TONS OF LIGHTS ON THE DASH TO TELL EVERY LITTLE PROBLEM IT HAS WHICH COME ON TOO FREQUENTLY. THE DECK LID ALSO LEAKS INTO THE TRUNK WHEN IT IS OPENED AFTER A GOOD RAIN. THE CAR IS VERY FLASHY FOR ITS PRICE RANGE, AND HAS GREAT POWER WITH THE V6, BUT THE CAR COULD USE SOME REFINEMENT ESPECIALLY THE BRAKES.

1...234567