Used 2010 Nissan Xterra Consumer Reviews

Used Xterra for Sale
Select your model:
12345...9

Pros
Cons

Not a daily driver

bill, 01/01/2010

When I purchased my off road x. I drove it around town and very little highway. Big mistake. It is not a highway or road trip vehicle. The stiff suspension is great in town and off road but you pay a price for a rough travel car. It's like riding a jack hammer. Like a jeep wrangler, it does poorly on the highway and at high speeds on the snow, it slips very easy! Not the best ski trip vehicle but great in town and off road.

A nice truck based SUV

Hoss, 01/28/2010

I did a lot of research before buying the Xterra, I looked a the FJ , the Wrangler, as well as some trucks. The X has the perfect blend of creature comforts and ruggedness. I traded an Audi for the X, and I do miss some of the luxury, but the X makes up for it in other ways. The gas mileage is OK, I get 13-15 in town, and 19-20 on the freeway. The seats are leather in the SE, but they are low grade leather and not heated. The stereo sound good, better than the Bose unit in my old Audi. Its very easy to see out of, and my kids think its great to sit up high. Im glad I bought the X, The Portable GPS is great, better than built in units.

A Four-Wheeled Swiss Army Knife

Paul, 03/05/2010

This is a great old-school SUV blending a sophisticated and smooth engine and transmission with an overbuilt frame (based on the frame used on the mammoth Nissan Titan pickup)and strong and straightforward suspension. Last week, my area was struck with a blizzard that left over 12" of snow on the ground, and the Xterra was virtually unstoppable. The ride is pretty firm, so drive before you buy, but if you want a solid, truly versatile all-weather vehicle large enough to handle 4 passengers and cargo, yet small enough to maneuver and park in an urban environment, look no further.

Very satisfied so far

Subadude, 04/24/2010

Had my SE for about a month now. My likes definitely outweigh my dislikes. Very powerful engine, getting good fuel economy 18 - 20 overall, but driving it easy in the break in period. Seats seem very comfortable, good support, wish they were heated. RF Sound system is awesome for stock. Surprisingly quiet even on rough pavement, but it does have a firm, choppy ride. It's not a car though, so I can live with that. Great no-nonsense SUV that will handle my towing chores, and get 5 skiers or backpackers where they need to go with all their stuff. Got one drive in the snow, and had no trouble blasting through a foot and a half of light powder.

Nice simple truck

Tyler, 05/20/2010

We have had the Xterra for 6 months now, and it has been great. It has great power for an SUV, and is pretty roomy inside for my family of 4. I get around 16 mpg in town, and around 20 on the freeway. I am 6'3" and have plenty of leg room. While it is plenty quiet on the pavement, when you get on a dirt or gravel road, the it resonates and is quite loud. I have the tow package, and have towed a small trailer once, it did great.

12345...9