Used 2010 Nissan Xterra Consumer Reviews

Used Xterra for Sale
Select your model:
12345...9

Pros
Cons

Great driving SUV

Clobber, 06/13/2010

Replaced a 97 4Runner with a 2010 Xterra. Had my doubts initially, but after 3 months I am sold! I'm 6'5" and fit comfortably. Lots of cargo room. Great visibility, and really responsive steering. More fun to drive than the 4Runner was. At 178" it is easy to park and maneuver in tight surroundings. Smooth transmission, smooth ride, and quieter than I was expecting. Love the fact that the rear seats fold flat. No regrets.

Paved or not, this beats them all!

sailorman, 08/01/2010

We love our new Xterra. We have a Ford Escape and were going to get another one but after one drive in the Xterra we couldn't go back. I still grin when I have to load cargo into the massive trunk or crawl over rocks effortlessly. The huge windows all around offer a wonderful view and safer lane-changing. I spend the week commuting and this bulky SUV is surprisingly comfortable. On the weekends, it dominates off-road and I've never doubted if it could take me where I want to go. This is a great all-around vehicle for me and my growing family.

Great durability - light on design

Ensign, 06/06/2010

I have been buying Nissans since 1981 mostly for their engines. Generally they tend to be superior on durability but light on comfort and convenience. My Xterra is the first SUV I have owned. I bought the X model because I wanted a manual transmission but did not want to buy the more expensive off road. As usual the engine and transmission are excellent but poor design on comfort and convenience. I could not believe there is no side mirror control and no map light. No mirror or light in the visor. The storage compartments are poorly designed. These little things are not expensive but are very much appreciated by consumers. Nissan designers - get a clue!

Back to the X

X247, 12/01/2009

I had a 2003 xterra and after 2 years I trade for a Pathfinder, The X was underpowered. Now I'm back to the X, its an improvement to the older model and rides just as good the Pathfinder. For the money is a great SUV, LOADED which is nice. I went for an off road but the SE is what I found. I'm keeping it till it dies!

Great off road vehicle

jp, 12/09/2009

Great SUV. This Suv can handle any conditions. I love driving in the snow and the stability control is great. The ride is great in town and off road. It's a bit bumpy on the highway but accelerates great when passing. The arm rests are very poorly placed and you really have no where to put your arms. My gas mileage is horrible but the dealer says the engine is still breaking in. If anyone else has an off road, please tell me it actually gets 15mpg when it breaks in? I am getting like 13mpg city/highway right now. I am not sure if they tested the off road package accurately with the bigger tires? I wish they would do away with the plastic cargo area. It scratches and is worthless.

12345...9