Used 2018 Nissan Versa Sedan Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Versa for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

You gotta' love it...

Leo, 10/03/2018
1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I drove my new 2015 for three years. No problems, no recalls; just fantastically cheap, reliable, comfortable transportation. I gave it to my "new driver" granddaughter and bought a new 2018 for myself. She doesn't need a TV screen, custom sound system, or three hundred horsepower to distract her. I sleep better at night.

fantastic commuter car

martin from madison, wi, 11/12/2018
1.6 SV 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

Not every person requires a 'fun' car with a 'personality'. I laugh reading car and driver reviews of the nissan versa. It's as if they were describing a person. I know it's so hard to believe that most of us commute to/from work, pick up kids etc. Where exactly are you supposed to put your high performance car to the test?...35 mph city streets with traffic lights every 1/8th of a mile:). At any rate, I digress. This car offers everything you need to get from point A to point B safely, reliably and very economically (low cost of ownership combined with 40mpg) even in some of the worst winter weather Wisconsin has to offer. It has some of the most cabin and trunk space in its class. I've had my versa 4 years now, bought it used with 10k miles. It has 85k mi now. I have not had any issues with it at all, I change my own oil (I think that helps). I used to take my cars in to the mechanic for oil changes and it seems like not long after an oil change something would break. Once this car breaks down bad enough that it cannot be fixed I'll probably buy another versa if that tells you anything. Quick update... 105000 miles on the odometer. Still loving the car.

Great economy car except handling in wind

Bob, 02/04/2019
1.6 SV 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

Only negative from 1500 miles driven as rental is lack of road feel from steering in any amount of wind except tail wind. Constant attention needed to stay in lane.

Utilitarian

Hugemoth, 05/21/2018
1.6 S 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 04/18 (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

A good basic roomy car for a low price. Most reviewers don't like the hard plastic interior but it is rugged and easy to keep clean. Gas mileage is well above the 27/36 advertised. My ONLY complaint is the electric power steering on the highway, too much effort is required to make the fine corrections necessary to maintain lane position. In all other conditions the steering is fine. Update: I wrote a review earlier where I mentioned poor steering characteristics. That has gradually improved over the 10,000 miles I've driven it since. Now its pretty much like any other small car with EPS. I suspect something like tight ball joints or steering rack that has loosened up with use. Whatever the case, the steering is much better. There have been no problems of any kind with the car and I recommend it for anyone who wants a good car that is inexpensive to buy and to own. Careful of the CVT model because of reported failures, mine is the 5 speed manual. Update after almost 3 years: Nothing new to report. Total miles about 28,000. Everything is working fine. No squeeks, rattles, or clunks. Gas mileage is still in the low 40s.

It keeps on tickin'

Duane, 03/06/2019
1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the bottom of the line, base model with a 5 speed manual transmission and crank windows. Chose Versa for it's reliability. My son is still driving the Versa I purchased in 2009, which is still going with over 200,000 miles and only routine maintenance. The 2018 stops, goes, and cruises the interstate at 80 mph for hours, delivering 38 mpg (if I stay at 70 mph, it gets 40+ mpg). Heater and A/C are great. The sound system is a real bonus, hooking up to my iphone and playing my mp3 library, and the bluetooth works well on phone calls. I haggled and get it out the door for under $11k (plus tax,) and it is well worth it. Don't believe the unflattering review. I stopped believing Motor Trend when they named the AMC Pacer "Car of the Year" in 1975, and I bought one, and lived to regret it.