Used 2015 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

Buyer beware!
By steve

2015 Nissan Versa 1.6 S Plus 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased this car new in 2015. The mpg is great in this car. That is the highpoint of it. It is really light and gets moved by the wind. Poorly constructed vehicle. My rear spoiler has come unattached twice. The cd player had problems. The transmission went out at 30,000 miles. I did get it repaired under warranty. Please be skeptical if you are thinking about this car. I would never recommend it to anyone.

Poorly constructed vehicle
By Heather

2015 Nissan Versa 1.6 SL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

I've owned this vehicle for almost 2 years. If you can avoid it, I would not purchase it. While it is a decent car to get from point A to point B with amazing gas mileage, the acceleration is very poor. Merging onto the freeway attempting to go the speed of traffic is very difficult due to the lack of acceleration. The brakes are also nothing to be impressed with, they have a hard time abruptly stopping. I currently have 15,600 miles on my car, I am constantly putting air into the tires and most recently the transmission failed. I am still under the dealership's 2 year warranty so the replacement transmission will be covered this time. However, it's worrisome that a car with so little miles and not even 2 years old is already having such large issues that carry an even larger price tag to repair outside of the warranty.

terrible car
By kenneth r bishop

2015 Nissan Versa 1.6 S Plus 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

the transmission is AWFUL and super expensive to repair. They only give a 60,000 mile warranty on the drive train. Kia gives at least 100,000 mile warranty on the drive train. The corrupt Nissan co. gives a 120,000 mile warranty on the 2010 and back JUNK CVT trans, they only do that because they know most of those cars have more than 120000 miles. Terrible car from a terrible company. Also GM plays warranty games too so stay away. If you can only give a 60,000 drive train warranty the company knows they are selling junk. Please do not buy any Nissan car with a CVT JUNK transmission. You will regret it. The Sentra, Altima, Rogue, and Maxima all have CVT JUNK transmission.

Nissan Versa
By Mike

2015 Nissan Versa 1.6 SV 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

I first leased this car back in April of 2015. The first 10,000 miles or so I was happy, once it hit 10,000 things changed. The car is very sluggish. Very very very hard to drive it in windy conditions. There was one day where the car completely turned off on us on a really busy highway, and to this day no idea why that happened. One thing is this car is great on gas mileage. I do drive it just locally since it's also a lease, I get about 35 mpg. If I had to re-do, I wouldn't have gotten this, but I am almost done with the lease, so it's good. I am looking forward to upgrade.

Great car for the money
By Versa owner

2015 Nissan Versa 1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Its basic transportation! for $11k and a lot of car for the money! What can you expect and no it cant compete in every area with some cars costing many thousands more and its not a $20+ grand car. Still for the money it a great car, Amazing MPG 38 mpg, roomy front and back seats, "not the best material" large trunk, the five speed is a five speed, decent CD, and Bluetooth, the glove compartment is large, it does very well in rain and upstate NY snows.