Used 2007 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews - 266 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

My First And ONLY Nissan
By Gwendolyn S

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car from a private dealer, which I understand to be shady already. But it wasn't like craigslist or anything like that. Within 2 days of purchasing it I had to buy a new battery and a new starter!! Also on top of that I've not been able to get my car inspected because the engine light will NOT go off, when they told me that they couldn't see anything wrong with it at that very moment. Plus, when I bought the car it was my first ever car that I bought myself, so I was very low on funds, I paid way too much for how much money I've shoved down it's engine. NOT IMPRESSED AT ALL.

Poo poo.
By Nick

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Driver's side CV Axle failed and broke (literally hanging down) while I was driving and sent the car skidding uncontrollably to the side of the road. By some miracle there weren't any vehicles or people otherwise someone could have been killed. The car was undriveable and I had to have it towed. Had to have the Axle and Driveshaft replaced ($700) and decided to have the passenger side checked as well, and it was determined that axle needed to be replaced because it was in such bad shape. This happened at 128,000 kms (79500 miles). Pretty poor quality and I would not buy one again and would not recommend one.

fail
By mass Pich

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

The transmission broken, the engine broken, the air conditioning broken. What else can be broken?

The Longer I own It, The More I Love It
By Chicago Kris

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My Versa doesn't have CVT. Maybe that's the reason why I don't have transmission issues. It also doesn't have ABS or stability control. The only major items fixed are the muffler all the way through the catalytic converter because of rust caused road salt during winter. I believe I didn't gave it enough car washes so I learned my lesson. I bought it brand new in 2006 when it was newly released. Taking my car to the dealership for maintenance makes the difference. After replacing the drive belt, some engine idling noise were gone. I average less than 5k miles per year. I no longer have warranty but maintaining it costs less than buying a new car. I planning to keep it until 100k miles or 6 more years.

CVT transmission
By gustavo valcarcel

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

In less than 10 000 miles I have to replace the CVT Transmission 4 times and still the problem. Fuel economy is like any other full side car, I will go with TOYOTA.