2020 Nissan Titan Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

$38,890

Save as much as $8,288
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

2020 Titan SV Crew Cab 4x4 - Awesome truck

Jeret, 05/28/2020
SV 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 9A)

I was in the market for a new truck and picked the Nissan Titan over the Ram and Chevy. I was upgrading from a 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT with 5.7 HEMI. I did a significant amount of research on which vehicle was the better value for similar price points. I also looked at maintenance and consumer reviews and the Titan consistently had less issues and high consumer reviews. I know every manufacturer has some kind of issue and nothing is perfect, but I didn’t see anything monumentally wrong with the Titan. I liked the maintenance aspect of this truck, since I do my own maintenance. No turbos, 16 spark plugs, etc. just a simple V8 that had really good power and didn’t require/recommend 89 octane or higher to run properly. These are my impressions of the truck: Ride quality - drives more like a car, but maybe not exactly like the Ram’s luxury car ride that I test drove. However, it is light years ahead of my previous truck. The steering is very good and responsive and I don’t feel like it’s a chore doing u-turns in it. The cabin is quiet and mostly hear the engine when I’m climbing RPM’s and the engine just sounds tough. Drivetrain - the 9-speed really applies the power appropriately and it just wants get off the line. The 5.6 is a solid engine and has “plenty” of power to make the truck feel nimble. Has great acceleration. Interior/Tech - I purchased the truck with the convenience package, utility package, and tow package. This truck has the 9” screen and looks good with clear definition and the Nissan connect software works really well. There’s no lag or hesitation when using the interface. I feel it’s laid out well and just easy to use. The seats are cloth and wanted leather seats, but the quality of the cloth seats are very nice and not in a rush to do the katzkin seat treatment. The seats are very comfortable. Overall the interior doesn’t feel cheap like the Chevy I sat in and is actually pretty nice. I think it’s better than the Chevy for sure and a little better than the Ford. It has plenty of space in the front and in the back for a crew cab and also has all the outlets and comfort you could possibly need. I really like it the interior and have no complaints. Overall, I think this truck is excellent and totally underrated. For all the amenities that you get for the price of the truck you just can’t beat it. Plus the warranty is 100k. Just a great truck and highly recommend.

Best Value By Far

Dan, 09/14/2020
SV 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 9A)

I'm one of those typical suburbia dads who just wanted a big truck. Not for hauling or work... but just to drive to and from work and occasionally use it for home depot runs. So I wanted a truck that had the most safety and convenience features for the money. The Titan by far has the most features for the money after rebates and promotions, etc. I'm not brand loyal and 5 years ago I owned a Dodge Ram 1500 which I thought was a great truck. After that I owned a Honda Ridgeline for a couple of years which I thought was the best of all worlds. However, the Honda just didn't look the part... actually a bit dorky to say the least. So now I own a 2020 Titan SV 4x4. Interior - Very nice and comfortable interior; especially the cloth seats are amazing. The sound system sounds great and the infotainment system is awesome and easy to manipulate. The 9" screen is nicer then all except the Dodge Ram with the giant screen add-on. There is plenty of storage and cup holders. Everything seems to be as nice if not nicer than all the other brands. Like the Ram's, Nissan's interior doesn't look like it was designed by a child. Ford's interiors are so awe-full looking it's pathetic. Chevy is getting better but still looks weird. Dodge is the best by far but Nissan is a close second. Almost everything in the Titan is well put together and thoughtful. What is not that great is the upper interior door panel where you put your elbow. While it's not uncomfortable as some might describe it... it is not soft like all other manufacturers. However, the cab is designed so you can rest your elbows on the door armrest and the center console which are all very soft. Safety - Nobody comes close to the safety equipment offered at this price range. Toyota is the only one which also offers the whole safety shield thing but the Tundra is outdated and more expensive. The Titan SV is like a Ram Big Horn, or a Chevy 1500 LT, or a lower Ford F-15 XLT. However, none of the other brands offer this kind of safety stuff in their lower trims. Also, how far up do you have to go in the other brands to get "smart" cruise control. You can't beat the Nissan for 2020. Exterior - the exterior of this truck looks good and is very solid. I have the in-bed storage which is a nice option. The step is also a nice add-on for the SV. What the truck lacks in the trim is power folding mirror.. which in this case would be nice since i have the trailoring package. Also, this truck has no daytime running lights... a big omission by Nissan. However, not a deal breaker. As a matter of fact, the regular halogen bulbs are so easy to change out, that for $60 I added LED replacement bulbs which make a huge difference. Engine, Gas, Driving - The engine is awesome on power and the transmission shifts great. As a matter of fact the engine is as good as the Hemi in the Dodge. However, Nissan didn't add any fuel saving measures so you have to deal with paying more at the pump. My first tank of mixed driving was around 16mpg. I can tell that on the highway it will get around 20mpg....not great but not a deal breaker. The truck feels good to drive and isn't too stiff. It's not as soft as the others, but there's very little difference in my opinion. The only complaint I have is the steering is a bit too heavy at low speeds. If Nissan were to fix that this would be a real contender for best truck. I can see how the steering can be an issue for smaller people. However, it makes the truck feel secure and steady on the road. Overall - this truck is totally underrated. It's worth every penny once you apply discounts. Not only that, i got almost all the discounts plus 0% financing... the others couldn't touch that. I'm happy and until gas goes through the roof again I won't complain too much about pumping gas lol

Great for The Price

Bohica1956, 07/17/2020
Platinum Reserve 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 9A)

2020 Platinum Reserve 4x4. tested the Ford and Chevy and Ram. Ram I just still don't trust. Some of the guys I work with Have Chevy's 4 out of the 5 have had either the AC and one the transmission go out just out of warranty. $1500-1800 for repair, evap coil fracture. Had a 2005 Titan with 210,000 miles and no issues and sold for a good price. To many of the reviews are worried about 5 engine models or different configurations. I do light towing 4,000-5,000 range and do not even know it is behind me. Gas mileage is good compared to the 2005. Overall truck pulls and steers well. Not as smooth as the Ram but Ok. I thought the Chevy interior looked cheaper and will not hold up. Big item Nissan is dealing, Top of the line with many extra's (tonuea cover) and left out the door after discount and rebates at 55,000. And they gave me 3,000 over blue book on a trade. If this truck holds up like the last one I will be very happy and 5 year 100,000 mile is icing on the cake. Still loving most of the truck, only item I am concerned about is the screen. Looks scratched and we are very carefull

Ad
Build Your Titan®
At a Glance:
  • 6 Colors
  • 3 Trims

2020 is WAY better than expected!

Justin , 11/05/2020
Platinum Reserve 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 9A)

I've been driving a 2017 Platinum Reserve for 3 years. It has been a solid truck, with little to no issues. It did have to have a tailgate latch replaced, but obviously the warranty covered it. I picked up our new 2020 Platinum Reserve recently. The truck is by far the most impressive vehicle I've driven recently. The 9" touch screen is vivid and clear. The Fender audio blows the old Rockford Fosgate system out of the water! The engine is more responsive, transmission shifts smooth and is always in the power band. 400 Miles in on the first tank and it is showing 18.2 MPG on premium, my old one over 3 years averaged 13.6 MPG's, also always on premium. If you're even considering the 2020 Titan, this truck has more standard power and WAY better features than most anything that's comparably priced. I got my $62,000 MSRP truck for under $53k, and with 0% financing!

Big Tee

Jay, 02/04/2021
Platinum Reserve 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 9A)

I purchased a 202 Platinum Reserve and I am very happy with my purchase. I don't knock the "Big 3" though sometimes being different is good. I t fits in my garage, plenty fast, comfortable, and not too bad on gas. I got a good deal and zero% financing. This truck is underrated and should be at the top of anyone's shopping list who wants a god truck with a great warranty, style, and workmanship.