2017 Nissan Titan XD Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Nissan Titan XD Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan XD model:

NICE TRUCK
By joeping12@gmail.com

2017 Nissan Titan XD SL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

The Turbo lag is a problem, one day this lag is going to get someone killed or injured. Other than that my Titan XD Texas Edition is probably the best overall truck I have owned

2017 Platinum Reserve sled
By James Moore

2017 Nissan Titan XD Platinum Reserve 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Overall this is a nice truck. The interior is very nice, but the truck lacks a few amenities a “platinum” should come standard with. Not having power folding mirrors is a big disappointment. Leg room is also poor if you’re over 6’ tall. My biggest complaint is the throttle response and the transmission. There have been several instances where either the slow throttle response or turbo lag has nearly gotten me broadsided. The transmission (which is the same POS that dodge once used) shift erratically when driving in stop and go, in town traffic. I have owned Ford, Chevy, and Dodge diesel trucks, and the 5.0 Cummins in this Nissan has the worst throttle response and turbo lag of any of them. Going to try a programmer soon to see if that helps with these issues.

Love this truck !
By Kelly

2017 Nissan Titan XD SV 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (5.6L 8cyl 7A)

I have owned every make of truck that's out there, I'll never own anything but a Titan XD again!

My First Titan 2017 XD platinum 4x4 turbo diesel
By jerry

I've had Fords my whole life.......loved them all; but wanted a diesel. Ford wanted $15-$20,000 more for their diesel so I went with the Diesel Titan XD Platinum 4x4. Love this truck. Pulls my 24' trailer with ease.......just like it's not there. I get 15-18 miles to the gallon with normal around town driving. One time I got 30 miles to the gallon driving out of the mountains; 35 miles on highway mostly downhill. I have to put 2 1/2 gallons of DEF in every 3-4000 miles. The Cummins Turbo Diesel is the quietest diesel engine I've heard and has plenty of get-up and go. 5 STARS FROM ME !!!!!!!!!

Problem with the milage computer
By Chris

2017 Nissan Titan XD SL 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

This appears to be an unquie problem. I can average between 18 to 20 miles per gallon when the milage computer is not malfunctioning. Periodically it will show I am averaging 5 to 7 miles per gallon. I did video tape the instrument panel when the milage indicator was acting up and when it is fine to prove the am not driving rough. I was able to convince the mechanics at Car Max it does have a problem they cannot figure out. I took it to Nissan 1st and I they told me everything was fine, it must be the he way I am driving. I have not shared the video with Nissan yet. It acts up about 25% of the time. Due to the problem the milage indictator averages 14 MPG.