2017 Nissan Titan XD Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Nissan Titan XD Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan XD model:

Last truck I will ever" own".
By Mark A. Mattison

2017 Nissan Titan XD Platinum Reserve 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I have followed this trucks development since I read a story about it. We were about to retire and needed a tow vehicle to pull our 33 foot travel tailor. Purchased from Montana dealer and loaded car on trailer and headed home. Impressed with power right of the start with 14.5 towing at 80 mph..I do most or all my maintenance and oil changes. To date we are at 13000 miles, trip to Florida where we averaged down and back to ND 18.3 ,mpg...Worst fuel economy was in Georgia account lower C-tain values but overall grate cruising. At 12000 miles fuel economy gained about 2.2 mpg either cruising or towing. I average now about 8.7 towing TT at 70 mph now and am satisfied with this. Fuel filters are easy to change and reasonably priced if you buy from Cummings.I carry spares, oil and fuel filters since cold starts can blow oil filter seal and develop leak. One trip to Florida and three towing trips to SD and all is great..

Best truck I've owned!
By Robert Wrenn

2017 Nissan Titan XD SV 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Great truck....period! 100,000 mile bumper to bumper gives lots of peace of mind. This truck has done everything I've asked of it and then sum. I've put a 1300 lb Club Car Onward in the bed and a 10,000 lb 35 ft travel trailer behind it and up the mountains of NC every other weekend and could tow plenty more with the Cummins 5.0 Diesel and still have fuel for 300 more miles. Roomie, great looks and as quite as a gas engine. Handling is great and the ride is super. The only con I have is that it has to wait for the turbo to hit 8-10% for it to really show its "ump". I'm really pleased with this truck and would no hesitate to purchase it again.

NICE TRUCK
By joeping12@gmail.com

2017 Nissan Titan XD SL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

The Turbo lag is a problem, one day this lag is going to get someone killed or injured. Other than that my Titan XD Texas Edition is probably the best overall truck I have owned

2017 Platinum Reserve sled
By James Moore

Overall this is a nice truck. The interior is very nice, but the truck lacks a few amenities a “platinum” should come standard with. Not having power folding mirrors is a big disappointment. Leg room is also poor if you’re over 6’ tall. My biggest complaint is the throttle response and the transmission. There have been several instances where either the slow throttle response or turbo lag has nearly gotten me broadsided. The transmission (which is the same POS that dodge once used) shift erratically when driving in stop and go, in town traffic. I have owned Ford, Chevy, and Dodge diesel trucks, and the 5.0 Cummins in this Nissan has the worst throttle response and turbo lag of any of them. Going to try a programmer soon to see if that helps with these issues.

Love this truck !
By Kelly

2017 Nissan Titan XD SV 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (5.6L 8cyl 7A)

I have owned every make of truck that's out there, I'll never own anything but a Titan XD again!