Used 2005 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews

Used Pathfinder for Sale
Select your model:
12345...74

Pros
Cons

More of the same!

Scott, 01/27/2016
XE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this vehicle in December of 2009 with 44K miles on it. It was a great looking SUV and was a good SUV for a while. I guess I can say I was lucky because I didn't have any problems until it reached about 100K miles. Once it hit that milestone, it started having all the same problems that everyone else has been saying. Fuel sensor unit, check engine light going on, tire sensors going on, 2 valve jobs, coolant sending issue, etc. During a drive across town one day in June of 2015 and with only 122K miles on it, I felt a knock underneath the vehicle. Shortly afterward, it wouldn't engage in reverse and then quit engaging in forward after that before it completely crapped out and stranded me in the hood. I knew from reading all these forums what it was. You are right; it was the transmission. 2 months, 2 stints in the repair shop during those 2 months, other repairs needed, and a new transmission, it was finally back on the road $3200 later. Nissan wouldn't do anything and the dealership told me not to waste my time. Like a girl who has cheated on you many times, I couldn't trust it. Needless to say, it was on Craigslist the moment it was out of the shop. I did get rid of it and bought a Toyota SUV. No more Nissans from now on. Would have been a different story if Nissan would have taken responsibility and owned up to this problem and issues. Just from reading these forums, it looks like I am not the only one who will never buy another Nissan again.

Has Been Excellent, but...

, 06/05/2012
LE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our 2005 Pathfinder LE 4x4 automatic new in January of 2006. It has been a great vehicle in every way, including reliability. The MPG has been between 8 off road in 4x4, 12 durring the worst winter driving around town in AWD, to 22 on high speed freeways in 2WD, to 24 on moderate speed county highways in 2WD.

I am torn on this review...am I one of the lucky ones?

andybisnut, 04/25/2014
SE Off Road 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love this truck but I am torn on the review. I had the issue where the transmission cooling lines failed, causing coolant to get into the transmission. The car would "rumble" when the torque converter engaged. Installed new radiator and flushed the heck out of the transmission. 30,000 miles later, fingers crossed, the tranny is still OK. I haven't had to replace it. Otherwise, the Patfhfinder has been virtually bullet-proof. It's been our go-to road trip car and it's survived many brutal MN winters. Great truck. If the tranny issue didn't exist it would get a perfect score. Seriously powerful engine with lots of sound and fury. :) MPG isn't great...maybe 17-18 MPG on average.

By far WORST Car I've ever owned in my life!

nissansux3, 02/15/2012
XE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just read all the post on Coolant leaking into Transmission. Happened to me at 75K miles. We bought the car brand new and spent THOUSANDS on repairs and it was never without problems. Amazing how a company could keep selling a vehicle with SOOOOO many problems and then not do right by their customers.

If I Could Turn Back Time

mommaT, 09/24/2010
XE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I really enjoyed driving this car, right up until the transmission blew. Our gas gauge hadn't worked in a long, long time. No big deal, I just reset the mile ticker each time I filled up. But what I will NEVER understand is how a 5 year old vehicle we bought NEW at the local dealer could be worthless. We did all the scheduled maintenance, used synthetic oil, treated her well. A 5 yr old car should not need 6,000+ dollars worth of work done. This is a design flaw in the coolant system and we should NOT be on the hook for it. Nissan should be ashamed! This was the only car we had that could haul our 2 small kids and now it's junk! I don't have money to fix it, and a new car is not the budget!

12345...74