Used 2004 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews - 69 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Best Choice I've Made Up to Now ( I'm divorced)
By Azbard

2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2004 Pathfinder SE (4W drive on demand) off a lease in Massachusetts in 2007 with 26,700 miles on it in Hyannis, MA. We survived a marriage, 2 moves, two foot deep snow & ice barriers, towing a loaded 6X10 trailer for 10,000 miles up and down the East Coast and my skipping the left side of the vehicle off of a guardrail at 65 mph on an interstate in Massachusetts. I did, however, follow the maintenance and upkeep needs with diligence and still had to replace the mufflers and rear shocks due to corrosion from the inevitable New England winter salt. Still, at 93,700 miles on the odometer as I write this in 2018, she's still my only 4-wheeled vehicle and a daily performer I rely on. Yes, I'm looking to replace her only for practical reasons but she's been a great ride overall for the money. I'd buy her all over again if someone could arrange to send me back to 2007. Please? On the downside, I found the Bose system in the dash woefully underpowered and replaced it. On the upside, I still love the Burgundy color with the beige interior after all this time.

Loved my pathy but engine blew up at 107k
By Tim

2004 Nissan Pathfinder LE Platinum 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

known design flaw Nissan won't cover - Google Nissan power valve screws falling into cylinder - if you have one you should do relatively cheap preventive maint to avoid this issue recall covered some models but not my 3.5 which also had the problem

Ten years old-don't want to give it up!
By Susan

2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle has always been reliable, & shows no rust after ten years in Michigan. Timeless lines, great value!

2004 Pathfinder LE Platinum - Awesome
By John Patek

2004 Nissan Pathfinder LE Platinum Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Pathfinder as a used vehicle in 2008 with approx. 70,000 miles and now as a 13 year old vehicle, I wouldn't trade it in for anything out there today. I make sure to adhere to the maintenance schedule which is always a good idea. The only non-maintenance issues I ever had was a problem with the BOSE system cassette player, and replacement of the front window washer motor ...... that's it after all these years. Just for fun, I shopped around to see what's out there in today's market when I realized how great this SUV is and decided to keep it until the car or I dies, which ever comes first :-)

Old Dog - New Life
By DC

2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this 2004 Pathy in 2016 as a reliable every day run about that would be capable of hauling almost anything short of large commercial supplies. When purchased, it had only 59k miles on it. It was a bit tired and needed some TLC. Body, paint, and interior in remarkable condition given its age. Replaced the tires, shocks and struts and had a local Nissan dealership give it a good look-over. It is one tough little SUV. The acceleration is quick, rides very comfortably and is small enough to easily park it anywhere. The only downside is the 16 - 21 mpg's. I can live with that. Great vehicle and intend to drive it until it dies, which given its low mileage, will not be any time soon.