Used 2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Consumer Reviews - 165 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

My truck
By N lopes

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Great vehicle worth the money never let me down

Dependable!
By EJ

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle when my child was 2 years-old, and now I am teaching her to drive it. Over the years, it has been dependable with only minor repairs needed for normal wear and tear due to the age of the vehicle. It's still in pretty good condition after all these years!

This is an absolutely fantastic truck
By Alex Nuan

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Be prepared to cough up some money for gas, but other than that, my Pathfinder has given me very very few problems. It is an absolute tank for a small SUV and can handle just about anything (it is a wonderful winter car - never gotten stuck even in almost 2 feet of snow in my neighborhood roads). Had a couple ignition coils get old and cause some intermittent misfiring, clunks from old tie rods and ball joints, and some old CV axles (one with a torn boot), but this is all just your common wear and tear on a daily vehicle. The ride comfort is unbelievable for how heavily built it is (not quite as good as luxury, but still very comfortable). It is fairly primitive in terms of technology, but that might be a plus for some (me included) as there really isn't anything too advanced. My mom bought it about 10 years ago and I just bought it from her a few months ago - it has given us absolutely 0 major problems. Any repairs needed were common and ones you'd need to get on any car. Absolutely wonderful car, but again, be prepared to pay for some gas ;)

2001 Pathfinder
By Smooth

Best SUV on the road
By Courtney Johns

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Ive had 4 nissan pathfinders in my life. (#1 totalled from behind but i was fine. 2 leased. 3 reposessed. #4 after getting my {non-permissible content removed] together is still in my driveway next to my infinity qx4, which is just another nissan pathfinder underneath a fancier shell). I guess that makes 5 techinally. In my opinion they are the most reliable suv's ever built. Either that or ive just been incredibly lucky lol. Ive never had to do anything but regular maintenance. And they just look good. Im particularly fond of, and most familiar with the 1999.5 through 2004 models. I also like the newer body style all the way until about 2012. When they changed the look again they completely lost me. Not a fan of how they look now. All in all though, based on my frame of reference I give the nissan pathfinder 5 out of 5 stars.