Used 2010 Nissan Murano Consumer Reviews - 64 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Murano Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

I love my car
By sharon

They put a new engine in 3 yrs ago Per Nissan for a Warranty recall

Marvelous
By IFRAIN PATINO

2010 Nissan Murano LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

P1778 - Step Motor Function is a known Transmission issue from Nissan and still did not issue Recalls up to 2011. Had i known that i would never have bought a Nissan!! And never will!!...I called Mcgrath lexus in Westmont & promise me they would call back and never did. So much in buying from a known dealer.i was better off buying from a Mom and Pop dealer still dealt with the same headache

My 2010 Murano SL
By Roland Berube

2010 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Could not have any happier owning this car, that's why I purchased a 2016 Murano

Reliable
By twp_chief

2010 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This was my third Murano,SL AWD. Bought my first one in 2004. I now have 163,500 miles on it and it is still in top shape. I do not garage keep this car and it has sat out in Pittsburgh area weather for the last five years and stills looks as good as it did when I bought it in 2010. I average between 20 and 22 mpg around town. I get between 24 and 29 mpg on a trip, depending on the speed. If I keep it around 60-65 I get better mileage. Awesome in the snow and ICE!!! One heavy car. Handles like a sports car and nearly drives itself on the open road. Change oil and rotate the tires every 3000 miles. Use standard oil, no synthetic. I have been averaging 40,000 miles to a set of tires.

Update: now have over 217,000 miles on this 2010. Doesn’t burn oil, still good on tires averaging 40,000 miles on a set. Just a small surface rust spot on the door seal, bottom of the drivers door. No where else. Replaced the air conditioner compressor( $1,000) , replaced cv joint right front, replaced one catalytic converter, and repaired exhaust system $1,500. Put in a new battery, replaced front windshield due to a stone hit from a truck (insurance handled) Had a problem with the tire sealing to the rims due to corrosion. Tire people sanded and used grinder on rims then painted the rim seal. That stopped the air leaks. The rims are very expensive to replace. The interior and exterior showing signs of age, but still look great. Even the dealer mechanics can’t believe that the car has that many miles on it and that it’s a 2010.
Bought a 2014 for the wife. SL AWD. It has 32,000 on it and no major problems. I don’t care for the styling of the newer Murano. Shame. I would buy another they are that reliable.

CVT transmissions are from the Devil
By nathan

2010 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have a 2010 Nissan Murano, SL, AWD. First noticed transmission oil leak at 20K on garage floor. Maybe tablespoon full of fluid, Took to Lee Nissan in Topsham, Maine and techs could not locate the leak. Drove car directly to my personal mechanic who located the leak within 30 seconds of having the car on his lift. Leaking transfer case at the impellar shaft. Took it back to Nissan who all of a sudden, could also see the leak! 'Fixed' under warranty. At about 48K, noticed leak again. Same runaround with Lee Nissan of Topsham. Fixed under warranty. Fast foward to 77k on odometer. Wife is driving on highway and transmission stops working. Car towed to Nissan who states that both Tranmission and AWD transfer case are toast. Even though they'd 'rebuilt' tranny twice and replaced it once under warranty, they said this one was on us. Stiffed us for $2400 in repairs. I couldn't sell it fast enough. I'll never buy another Nissan product again, never do business with Lee Nissan of topsham Maine and wouldn't own another CVT tranny if it came with a free unicorn. Be warned; If you buy a CVT equipped car, you will end up crying and paying a lot of money to fix it at some point.