Used 1998 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews - 107 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1998 Nissan Maxima

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Updated Review 3 yrs & 150K miles later
By GKLCPA

1998 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

I was just looking back through the various reviews when I noticed one I wrote in August 2002. Three years later, I still own the same Maxima which now has 150,000 miles on it. The car rides like the first day I got it and basically requires little other than basic maintenance. The vehicle has aged very well and I still highly satisfied with this purchase.

Power, fuel efficiency and Bose sound system

none that I can think of although I'm sure the new models have improved upon a number of things.

Still ticking
By briellejade

1998 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this maxima after owning x3 other Nissans. I work home health and have driven this car 169,000 miles while all my co-workers have had new vehicles since employment, I am still driving my Maxima to the "Max". I do feel that the depreciation\trade-in value of such and expensive vehicle should be higher and does deter my notions of purchasing another new one.

The smooth ride, the bose stereo system,and the general status related to driving it.

Lowering cost or increasing trade-in value. Lower financing options for those purchasing certified preowned.

sure bet
By fabdog

1998 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

First car that after 2 years of owning it, I still enjoy driving. Great gas mileage on trips averaging 30 MPG on recent trip. Can't ask for much better with the power you have at your disposal. I highly recommend this car. GM eat your heart out.

Powerful engine, fuel economy, and leg room.

none

150000 miles and NEVER a breakdown
By David Truxell

1998 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

This is the most dependable car I've ever owned. I put on 100 miles driving to work each day, and have owned the car for nearly 6 years. I change the oil every 6,000 miles, and that is it! What a great car! Highly recommended. Every option still working

Dependability Sunroof Keyless entry and remote trunk

Bulletproof
By Doc

1998 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

I've owned quite a few cars in my days, but this is the best! The Maxima is not only bulletproof, but it is easy to mod if you are into that. Dollar for dollar it has to be the best car on the road. My 4th gen is still a timeless style. I love the giddyup this car has when I dust those Honda ricers who want to play. Not your Grandma's grocery getter!

automatic climate control, Bose stereo, great VQ engine

Telescopic steering wheel for those of us with long legs