Used 2009 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Great buy, great value, relicable
By Gene Celeste

2009 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this Frontier new in 2009. MSRP was super competitive to begin with and dealer discounted $5,000 to boot. We originally bought this truck to haul our camper and I also used it my construction business. Other than normal wear items, I didn't put a dime into it. It had lots of towing capability, with no need for an equalizer hitch. The 4 L six, has plenty of power, transmission was smooth and well matched to the engine. I owed it for 9 years and put 62,000 miles on it. The only downside was gas mileage was weak at around 16 in the local area, and 19 on the highway. The other weak point was a horrible turning radius, made worse by the long wheelbase due to the crew cab with the longer (6ft) bed. After 9 winters in salty upstate NY, there was zero rust on the body, but the under carriage accumulated lots of rust on the frame and suspension components. Par for the course up here, however nothing that compromised its safety. I just traded it on a new 2018 Frontier with the short bed, and updated center dash, heated seats, and some other goodies the prior model was lacking. The turning radius is much improved with the short bed. After shopping a second Nissan dealer, I got an excellent trade-in on my 2009, and $3,000 off MSRP to boot. I went back to Nissan for the same reason I did in 2009. You can't beat the value in this truck when compared to other midsize trucks on the market, especially Tacoma. I strongly suggest you shop more than one dealer if you buy a new one. This time around I paid $5,3000 less by going to a second dealership even though it was owned by the same dealer group and was only 35 miles down the road. If you are looking at a new one, I strongly suggest the SV model with the Value Package Option as the best buy overall with an MSRP of around $32,500.

good little truck
By Harrison Pucine

2009 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab LE 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I know the vehicle was maintained mechanically, I was the one who took care of the maintenance.

Nissan the next GM
By cop74

2009 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Buyer beware, Nissan is using poor quality parts, expect expensive repairs at 40,000 miles, sound familiar, putting cheap parts in cars how did that work out for GM.
Do not waste your hard earned money on poor quality.

Start using solid well manufactured parts.

Great Truck
By moloch16

2009 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned this truck for almost a year now and I am very happy. The truck drives very well and is tightly made. I commute in this truck and get about 19mpg on a regular basis (I have a bunch of stop lights to go through). This truck can do it all - commute, tow, haul, offroad!

Versatility, bedliner, rail system, fold- up back seats, fuel economy (for a truck), looking tailgate, towing cpacity, quality, looks, 4wd

More comfortable crew cab seats, larger side mirrors, mp3 player connection, even better fuel economy

A KEEPER, AT LEAST FOR NOW
By RUBICON4X4

2009 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After 6 months good power and economy combination, average low 20's unless in 4 wheel drive. OE tires are mediocre for snow and mud, but do fine on dry roads: disappointing to need new tires since I live in an area that has snow 4- 5 months. Surprised that neither the salesman or sales manager knew that this truck does have a break in period. More truck for the price than I could have gotten a Toyota for. Radio works well, even in fringe reception areas. Radio and heater controls are easy to reach and understand.

Very comfortable on long trips, lots of room and good storage in the cab. Excellent heat and AC. Easy to handle and great visibility.

If I had known that you cannot put tire chains on all 4 wheels before buying, would have looked elsewhere. A 4x4 truck that can only use limited clearance chains on the rear and no chains on the front is a real disappointment. My next truck will have room for standard chains all around.