Used 2003 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews - 117 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

First nissan truck
By Anibal

2003 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Bought it last year with 139,000 miles and I could say, it’s been a good reliable car,just the regular maintenance, my only complaint is about gas,have no idea if someone has the same issues as me. Problems with the distributor twice.

One Owner 15 Years of Satisfaction!
By George Fuller

2003 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After 15 years of ownership, I can honestly say I'd buy another without hesitation. Extremely dependable and had only let me down once but it wad only because the battery went dead after 10 years!

Great. Vehicle..... Will buy again
By Nick m.

2003 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 4WD LB w/Leather (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Truck ride pulsates when hard tight turns right or left.....was told by nissan that it was the nature of the beast on the 4WD.....nothing to worry about.

Great little truck in general
By beast10r

2003 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

When I was looking for a truck I needed something that I could get into relatively cheap that I could haul my motorcycle around with, and last a long time. After doing lots of research I decided on the Frontier. I bought the truck with 75k on it 2 years ago, and it currently has just under 100k. The previous owner took good care of it and gave me a bunch of maintenance receipts and so far it's been trouble free except for a bad knock sensor, but that doesn't really effect anything. That said, it's not very powerful and it drinks gas like a V8. It should have had a 6 speed but with this truck you trade power and efficiency for reliability. If your Ok with that, then it's great.

Look, durability. size

Well, since there is already a new model out I doubt this would help anything, but I would say it needs a stronger and more efficient motor. If they made a truck this size with a stronger motor that got 20 MPG city, and 25 MPG highway, it would own the market.

Love My Truck - Great Truck - Won't let it go
By laurelguy

2003 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my 03 Frontier new in 1/03, haven't had any complaints, now has 191k miles on it, having some issues but that's expected I guess.
Speed sensors on both side needed replaced, now having to replace rear seal.
Might be bandaging it but really don't want to let the truck go.
Only complaint was local Nissan dealership for service or lack there of, but found local shop just as good and less expensive.