Used 2006 Nissan 350Z Consumer Reviews - 104 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan 350Z

View reviews for a specific 350Z model:

It's a Z...what else is there to know?
By shabba

2006 Nissan 350Z 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Since 2003, I've wanted one of these so it was my time to do it this month. I'm quite happy I did. I own several Z's (and have owned many) so I can say this car has the Z soul. I didn't need to compare it to other cars (TT, Boxster, S2k) though I have driven them and they all have their strengths. The Z remains a pure and exciting sports car that has a soul and a personality. A fine purchase that I am proud of.

Stands out without being garish, handles and goes like a sports car should, low depreciation and a low sticker to begin with, good gas mileage for a big V6. Nissan quality. Retains the "Zness" that the 240 started. It's a 'Z'!!

A power outlet in a reasonable place, cruise control on the base model, a smaller rear strut brace.

Dream Come True
By Steve

2006 Nissan 350Z Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

In a word, fun. The "Z" is all sport car and doesn't make any apologies. It is quick, has high handling limits and a great exhaust note. It rides firm not harsh, stiff frame, very positive steering and easily modulated brakes. The power available does require a bit of discipline but you can get to the limits very quickly. If you are looking for a plush touring car you had best look somewhere else as this car demands your attention, but rewards your attention with great performance, fun. I always look forward to getting in and going. Want a ride?

Handling, power, steering, braking, supportive seats, stiff solid frame, exhaust note when going through the gears and surprising gas economy with a bit of pedal discipline. Fun!

Support handles for us older folks who have problems getting in or out of small cars. Dealer or driver adjustable accelerator pedal sensitivity. Gas pedal is a bit sensitive. As the gas pedal is electronically controlled this should be do-able. Nice upgrade on all cars actually.

Still having fun
By Bob

2006 Nissan 350Z 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Had the base model now for 6 months and loving it. The take off is astounding clean shifts and comfy interior. Gas mileage I've been getting is around 24 mpg half highway half city. The interior on the 06 is a nice improvement over the 05. It feels far more solid. Trunk space is fine for me and I can accommodate a lot it only takes a while to organize the trunk if I do a big shopping trip. Very roomy for 2 people and road noise is low unless you run at high revs then the engine loves to growl. Passing power great even in 5th gear 6th for cruising mainly. Haven't had anything break or make funny noises. Cant get a hold of an appointment at the dealership for maint to save my life.

Love the 18" rims, standard power features, seats, feeling I get starting it up every day, all the cubby holes and storage spots. Controls are close at hand and easy to cycle through

Upgrade the standard stereo a little more. View through rear windows is nearly non existent.

love it
By des

2006 Nissan 350Z Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought one for my wife and she loves it as do I. It's a great vehicle and you can't beat the price.

The styling and comfort.

none

Good, Not Perfect, Sports Car
By Phat Larry

2006 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my convertible Z for 3 months and have 3,000 miles on it. I've previously owned Mustang GT's and Corvettes, but wouldn't consider another one due to AWFUL reliability. I also test drove the S2000 (way too small and cramped), the Z3/4 (too cramped) and the new Miata (still underpowered). I have to pretty much agree with the Editor's review. The Z runs great with a nicely tuned exhaust, handles great, is roomy, has some good amenities, and looks sweeeet. The downside is the small trunk (esp.in the convertible), cheap interior plastics (esp the console cover which is garbage), bland gauge lighting, and very mediocre gas mileage. I have yet to get more than 20 mpg even with hwy driving.

Nice power and handling.....Great powered drop top.....nice and roomy for big guys in a car this size; esp headroom. I like the stereo controls on steering wheel.

Stop advertising 25 mpg for manual trans; it's not happening......20 mpg tops on hwy and 15 or 16 in city driving. Better plastics in interior, esp the center console cover. Large storage bin behind passenger seat cannot be accessed easily.....needs a manual seat release badly.