2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SUV Consumer Reviews - 36 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Outlander Sport model:

underrated
By edmunds

2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SUV ES 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

have had no problems since purchased dec 2014. had a recall & now it is better than before. just purchased a Curtis hitch mount receiver & cargo carrier. now have extra room when needed. don't know why it received some low ratings. great vehicle. good price & great vehicle.

best value in this category
By Doug

2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SUV ES 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This is my 2nd Mitsu. I put 50k + on a 2014 Lancer and never had an issue. Great car. This Outlander Sport is fun to drive, unbelievably reliable and great utility. This is a very competitive segment and this Outlander Sport is very competitive. The value is terrific. We have owned for 3 months and put almost 9k miles on it. Very comfortable on long drives. Looks great too. Mitsub may not be real popular in the US but ubiquitous everywhere else. Definitely check this one out. Plus the dealer in Raleigh is fantastic.

Love the car-Hate the dealership
By Candy

2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SUV ES 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my 2015 Outlander Sport at the end of 2015. 2 months after I bought it, I received a recall notice, so I made an appointment with the dealership for Saturday Morning which is about 25 minutes away. To my surprise when I got there the dealership had closed down. No letter no phone just puff gone. Trip made for nothing. Called Mitsubishi and the closes dealership to me is 2 1/2 hours away and they don't do Saturdays. Miss a days work because they have a recall. I am not happy. To bad too I love my car but will not purchase again because of the dealerships. Oh one more thing had a road trip and after a while the front seats were not comfortable. Had to sat on a pillow.

WOW! 2015 Outlander Sport GT one year later
By BTWells

2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SUV 2.4 GT 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I bought the 2015 Outlander Sport GT back in April 2015 so have owned it for more than a year. Wow! What a nice vehicle. I got a gray one with the Touring package, Rockford Fosgate sound system, panoramic roof, cargo package, and exterior side moldings. The GT version also comes with the 2.4 liter engine.
For me it drives beautifully. Nice pickup and acceleration with the improved engine. The black leather interior and matching black carpet make the interior fell rich and comfortable. The navigation system/audio system is LOADED with features and looks and sounds great. At the push of a button the ceiling retreats and panoramic roof with its LED backlighting appears-- very impressive!

Best Features:
The sound system is too cool and if you like bottom-end bass you will learn to rock out! Night driving with the panoramic roof open and the stereo loud will make you want to take more night drives! It was easy to pair my IPhone to the system and having the system controls on the steering wheel is convenient . The leather heated seats are very comfy and the dashboard layout was nicely thought out. There is also ample leg room for rear passengers. The gas mileage is also good--my best is 33 MPG and it averages 26-28 MPG on my 19 mile commute to work.

Could be better features:
I am not yet sold on the voice activation of the phone or navigation system. Maybe it needs to learn my voice and after one year of trying you would have thought it would have my voice down pat? And, Mitsubishi should rethink the "book" it gives as owners manuals. I find the manuals to be confusing and contain too much info and printed in typeface much too small for my eyes. And, after a year of driving, the shocks could be better. And lastly, the rear cargo area is small but certainly ample for most shopping expeditions as long as you don't buy any really larger size items. That being said, I really like the GT!

Proffessionals are wrong!
By G. R. E

2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SUV 2.4 GT 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Could not disagree more with the Edmunds review. Did they even drive the car or base it on past models? For the money this is the best vehicle available in it's class. This is our fourth Mitsubishi and if this one is as reliable as the others, and I see no reason why not, we will be happy campers! No, it does not accelerate like a Corvette, but that is not what it was made to do. I am pleasantly surprised with how our 2.4 get's up and goes. Was hesitant about the CVT also but not only no problems but it is fun. A top of the line CUV with all wheel drive for a little over twenty grand that has a ten year warranty? Show me a comparison! I am willing to bet 99.9% of the naysayers have never driven one!!