Used 2001 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan Consumer Reviews - 80 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Galant model:

can't give her up!!
By Gratiful

2001 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

2001 galant LS V-6 automatic. Bought used 39,000 in 2001. Tinted the windows limo black asap. And always use a window shield in hot/cold weather. I've done regular maintenance (wear & tear) for 17yrs. Reliable, feel safe, dependable, great body design which will never look dated. A lot of people thought she was an Mercedes, Audi, Infinity etc. However, I had to replace the tranny at 170K. Got a used one 62K. Somewhat of a design flaw with the screen built inside. So, I recommend a fluid/flush every 25K which I didn't do. Always check. The leather interior is still perfect. No rips, tears, wear, etc. Inside is flawless. Only a small cracked line (2") at the front of dash. Can't noticed it at all. The low profile alloy rims were included when I bought her, and they look great rolling down the street/highway. Clear coat started to fade about 5 or 6 yrs on top only. All I need is a paint job. Rest of car is great. Body is straight, no major accidents etc. However, the ride is noisy, unsmooth, turning radius is about 26 which is wide for a small car, It's light so cornering at high speeds is a no-no. My car now has 224K. I warm her up, and she has a little tap on cylinder 2 which goes away, and I put in a little engine treatment recommended by the Dealer. Leonard, been working on my car forever, and the guys said I should get about 300,000 on the motor. Couple people have always said to get rid of her. I've driven the car with low oil couple times cuz I needed gaskets replaced. Still kept running. So there you go..I've got my $ worth a thousand times over. Still driving in Calif.

Very reliable
By j10jordan

2001 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased at 37,000 and still running at 114,000 with no signs of slowing down. Not a very FUN car to drive with the 4 cyl. but its been very reliable and smooth on the highway. Gas mileage has been good too. Will be sad to see her go

Great car
By brianhinzy89

2001 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

i bought the car about a year and a half ago and it was in great running condition and since then i have been driving it like a bat out of hell and it has held up very nicely i have only had to do routine maintenance and a few cosmetic repairs and the 3.0 V-6 has plenty of power during races and not to mention its easy to work on

the suspension and the engine are great they can take a beating and keep on going

better sounding exhaust system or stock turbo

Not too bad, but wouldn't recommend
By maddee2030

2001 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car brand new off the lot. I didn't have any problems for a very long time; just normal maint. ~110K my transmission died w/ no previous indications there was a problem. Replaced a cracked radiator @ ~90K. Never replaced windshield or headlights. 4 things I've always complained about. 1.The LCD display on the CD player is nearly impossible to read. 2.The fact that the CD player tells you when it's too hot is an extremely bad design flaw. 3. The top coat on door handles & side mirrors is gone. 4. Upholstery all the way up to the window? Terrible place to have fabric after 9 years of resting your arm there. Vinyl on my next car, please...

The abundant cup holders. The trunk is very good size w/ pass through. Ample leg room in front. Good sound system.

Relocate CD Player and change display. Vinyl on doors up to windows. Better paint job.

Junk
By Beth

2001 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Galant after receiving a settlement from a bad car accident. Figuring it was a good deal (89k for 3,900), seemed fantastic. It drove fine for a while. Then I realized, it gets 21 MPG on average. Really? For a 4 cylinder motor I expected much more. As for handling, it's alright. I've driven better and I've driven worse. I would never ever endorse this car. My mistake. Hopefully no one else does the same thing.

Wood grain. That's about it.

Better gas mileage. Better handling. Better ride. Better acceleration.