Used 2000 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan Consumer Reviews - 74 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Galant model:

BEST CAR I'VE EVER OWNED!!
By UmbrellaCorp01

2000 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan LS V6 4dr Sedan

This Galant will be my fourth car and it is by far the best car I've owned. The V6 LS is such a smooth ride, I have only owned this car for about a month and I'm throughly impressed with it. I bought it at Arapahoe Hyundai for $4,000 and she only has 99,000 miles on her. She's a 2000 with that many miles?!? She was a deal! Her gas mileage is amazing especially for being my daily driver. Going to Colorado Springs and back to Aurora she hardly even had a tick mark down! This car definitely has potential to it. I'm so thankful that she has RIMS and not HUB CAPS. Overall AMAZING!

One of a Kind
By David

2000 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

My sister bought this car in 2001. It was sold to me in 2004 for $900 (just had to pay tags that were not paid for ~ 2 years). It was given to me with ~ 40K miles. I still have this car and I have had it now for ~13 years now. It was my first car in high school and till this day I still have it. It now has 196,858 miles and still running great. Major repairs I have done are the timing belt, fuel pump. I have also had to replace the starter and radiator. Besides that, just oil changes every 3K miles, break changes when needed, roter changes, O2 sensor change, back break leak. I plan on keeping this car until the wheels fall off. I have planned to take it on a few road trips coming up that will add a few thousand miles, but I am confident that this car will make it through. I hope it will last me till ~ 250K miles. Maybe it can be my child's car when I have one!

Great Car
By chrislex

2000 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I got this car from a person online so at first i really didnt know what to think. After driving it for a week or so i knew that this was the car for me. It has a good amount of power for a V4 and all the little things it does is great. It has 187,000 miles on it and i always know its going to start and get me to where im going. I will say that i have put a lot of money in to this car. I put a new timing belt, tirod, and sway bar links in it. There is also a lot more to be done to it. The flex pipe has a hole in it witch dropped my gas mileage and it is very common that this happens in this car. Take care of it and this car will run for ever.

Excellent Car, wish Mitsubishi hadn't cheapened the look
By joesee

2000 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I still have my 2000 Galant with close to 200,000 miles, always trouble free. The acceleration and ride for a 4 cylinder are great. The look still holds up, and is much better than later galant models. Unfortunately although the car is still awesome, the paint has lost it's luster and repainting doesn't make financial sense, otherwise I would keep on driving it. If Mitsubishi had maintained or upped their game on the details for later models, I would have considered getting another for my next car this year.

Really responsive engine, smooth ride/suspension, and quiet ride.

Not any on the 2000/01 model. Later models look cheap compared to the competition, and even to the 2000 models.

Wasn't the best for me...
By skally

2000 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan GTZ 4dr Sedan

After buying this car I realized it was one of those cars the dealer patches up just to get off the lot. The instrument cluster had been swapped out which means the car likely had higher miles than stated. The transmission didn't shift into overdrive which I never did resolve. After a few weeks of driving it the upper rear shock mount broke. So I fixed those things and traded it in on something else.

Stylish exterior, powerful motor.

Just find a better one than I did. It may have only had one owner but I think they beat the poor thing up mechanically.