Used 1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Consumer Reviews

VR-4 3.0L V6 Twin-turbo AWD 6-speed Manual - (8 reviews )

Collector
By Marty Elliott

What a car!!

Great Machine
By Knightstar

1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

Mits came up with a solid winner with this car. Even though it is a little heavy with AWD and all wheel steering, acceleration is fierce at 5.3 sec/>60 mph. The VR-4 is well built and very dependable. I bought mine new and has 71,000 miles now. Although the car is expensive, you get more than you paid for. Even in wet weather, the car never fish tails or slips its tracking around corners, thanks to AW steering. Yes, the rear wheels turn up to 15 degrees in proportion to the front wheels steering. The 320 HP rating can be increased relatively cheaply w/intake and exhaust mods to 400 HP!

The VR-4 comes with all the performance you would need for everyday driving and safety. Excellent craftsmanship and materials.

Performance can be greatly improved with low restriction intake and exhaust plumbing/performance mufflers

1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT
By starquest

1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

I've had this car for about 8 years and counting. Starting with the bad experience, I had to replace my tranny twice. Other than that, the car is great. I raced against a 2000 viper and won among other races. With the radio controls on my steering wheel, I never take my eyes off the road. It feels comfortable on the road. It pulls real hard on the take off when the pedal is to the metal. The interior is nice. I've recently upgraded the turbo, carbon fiber hood and light weight fly wheel. This car is a monster.

AWD, the rear spoiler and the big front brake calipers.

Tranny.

My Car
By blkdrgn

1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

I have very few problems with this car. It handles great on street and highway driving. It gets the ladies. It is very fun to modify if you like to do that. It has a very nice layout for the dash and gauges.

The turbo, steering, handling, AWD, AWS, ABS, and looks, and interior design.

It should have more head room, cheaper replacement parts, and a better engine layout (you have to take off to many parts to get to one simple thing).

Lightning on four wheels
By Mike

1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

I bought my '97 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4, in black on black, brand new with seven miles on it, when I drove it off the lot. This car, even with AWD and all wheel steering, topping the scale at 4,000 lbs, still whoops some serious booty. I disconnected the oxygen sensor and added a free breather filter. Now it routinely outruns Cobras, Vettes and 911s. I don't know how much HP this trick added, but it must be significant. The rest of the car is entirely stock, except for air horns, which I added.

The car is exceptionally well designed and crafted with superior materials, with looks that still inspire awe.