Used 2018 MINI Hardtop 2 Door Hatchback Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Hardtop 2 Door for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Constant engine light

Pak Lai, 09/02/2018
Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My car has only about 30,000 miles and the engine light came on and they couldn’t diagnose the problem. I had an Acura for 235,000 and the light never came on. 2nd problem, there were a few times when the engine started after the stop, the entire infotainment system went blank and the car shut off. I’m so glad there were no cars behind me. The car dealer were the worst I’ve ever dealt with at the Mini Ontario California. I will never buy a Mini again.

My Second Mini

Joe Hester, 04/28/2018
Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 3cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my second MIni Cooper and the third generation rocks. The car is very quick with the new twin turbo and it has a little growl when you punch it. I am a little disappointed with the MPG. I only travel city never highway and I am only getting 23 MPG. You would think with a 3 cylinder the gas mileage would be better. Over all I am very happy with the car. With only 850 miles on it I hope to have many more.

Mini tidbits

Cathy Levin, 06/10/2018
Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Seats are difficult sitting for long periods of time if you have any lower back issues. Electronics not intuitive for older generation! Love everything else

Little Beast

C, 04/04/2018
Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Gas mileage goes out the door in Sport mode. This car wants to be driven.

More Enjoyable With Every Drive

DG1, 09/17/2020
Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 3cyl Turbo 6M)

We had an ‘08 Cooper S automatic for a couple of years; great rabid-squirrel-like acceleration and tight/harsh go-cart handling. Exciting car to drive but unrefined (and had a serious throttle lag issue). Fast forward to our ‘18 Cooper non-S (but still turbo 3-cylinder) with Premium Package, automatic trans, etc. This car continues to impress every time I drive it. Tight build quality, comfortable but fun driving, great fuel economy and premium feel. I have driven everything from old 3-cylinder Geo Metros to BMWs, 420HP Mustangs and our current 330HP Jeep Commander...this Mini delivers effortless low-rev acceleration/handling while returning 33mpg city/42mpg highway (during our ownership). This one’s a long-term keeper. The only negative I can think of is that we wished it would have stayed as small as the previous generation.