Used 2000 Mercury Villager Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Mercury Villager Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Villager model:

Cheap luxury
By Kristen

2000 Mercury Villager Estate 4dr Minivan

I really read up on these before I bought it and it has been pretty much everything I read. It's a great little car like minivan with a beautiful leather seat interior and really cool removable seats except for the rear bench that does slide back and forth.
I just needed something roomy and comfortable for me, my husband and our two dogs but I wanted something that got decent gas mileage. There are some issues with the front end as it says they do, the previous owner did have the tie rod done and we had to have the CV joint done and there are issues with the speedometer display just going blank like it says they do, we are going to look into getting that replaced but it is still working. Overall we are very happy with it and it is doing everything I wanted and it was inexpensive so we can put a little more into it and get several more years out of it.

325,000 miles and counting!
By Phil

2000 Mercury Villager 4dr Minivan

2000 and 2001 seem to be "magic years" for Quest/Villager from a reliability standpoint; I am the second owner, the first being a family member, and the van had been hit twice (with poor body repair work) prior to my purchase at 50k miles. I look after my cars, but have also raised a kid and hauled all kinds of stuff - beach, camping, moving, a motorcycle, flea markets - and the interior is mint. Yes, I've had to replace a starter and an alternator, brakes and front end components, and of course the timing belt, but I consider these "consumables" for the miles racked up. It never left me stranded. Good power and decent gas mileage. Starting at the bad body repairs, the Villager started rusting, then a snowplow did a nasty "hit and run" while parked, so it's now ugly and no longer worth putting money into, unfortunately.

Thought it would be a better buy,to save money.
By Jim

2000 Mercury Villager Sport 4dr Minivan

My sister bought me this mini van without.me seeing it.I've been down on my luck with working and had very little money.To me it a okay van,but I've drove the dodge caravans and they have more power and hold the road.better then mine.we paid 3,300 for the,van and the first three months I've put 1,500 more into the front end,and still have more to do on it.seems it's go's through front end parts quit easily.it's had a new account put in it 900, bucks.And the guy we got it from put over 4,000 dollers into it also.it's 17 miles a gallon keeps me stopping for gas quit often.And I just realized that the back seat dosent fold all the way down.witch I'd like .I just hope it last me a while.it's got 180,000 miles on it now so I'm worried.wish I'd gotten to look at it before I got it.Oh well.make the best out of it I guess.

2000 Estate
By mercnout

2000 Mercury Villager Estate 4dr Minivan

Im definitely glad I found this vehicle while shopping for used vans on craigslist last year. I bought it a year ago with 114,000 miles and have been driving it hard, putting 22,000 miles on it. I use every day as a service vehicle.

It has been reliable over all but it has had several wear & tear issues such as new brakes, bad distibutor & new tires. Theres also a knocking or crunching noise coming from the driver side wheel over bumps. It think it may be cv joint or something.

So its not invinsible but its definitley reliable & a phenomenal value. I just hope mine hold up to 200-250k miles like many others have.

Sunroof, captains chairs, 6 disk changer, TV

Could be roomier, exterior design is pretty nerdy

I Love My Villager!
By godzgirlprayz

2000 Mercury Villager 4dr Minivan

This is the best vehicle I've ever had! It has nearly 150k mi, I got it with 39k mi. It handles well. No major problems, have only had to do regular maintenance until just recent. Now it's starting to run rough, like it's going to stall out. Shimmy in the steering when I go over 70 mph. Replaced timing belt at 100k. repaired ac switch (front & back) around 120k. No probs with windows, radio, doors. Oxidation and paint peeling but it's 11 yrs old & we live in FL! Otherwise it's beautiful! We are gonna try to get it repaired bc I love this van!

I love the dual sliding doors. Front and rear ac controls and a lot of air vents. spacious and handles really well. I went from a small car to this van and I instantly felt comfy driving it.

I wish it had automatic sliding doors but can't think of anything else that I would improve.