Used 2005 Mercury Sable Sedan Consumer Reviews

$5,200

Used Sable for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Great, Solid Car

Vic, 02/23/2009
GS 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My 2005 Mercury Sable is great! I got a fantastic car, and at a great price. Super value. It has an excellent ride, good performance, and handles great. Has 52,000 miles on it, only routine maintenance thus far (i.e. oil changes & wipers). Still has original tires and brakes! (Never has been in shop for repairs). It has great features for the money, is very comfortable for the family, and has large trunk space. I'm not sure I'll ever let it go. Highly recommend it if looking for a good, solid, used car.

Best kept secret out there at the time..

Nick072261, 10/25/2009
LS 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I really love this car, especially now that I purchased better all season tires! I purchased this car with 19,000 miles for $12,000. It is completely loaded. I now have 45,000 miles on it and have not had any issues. It has a very strong v6 dohc engine that is fast on acceleration. The interior appointments look rich and classy. I also had a V6 Camry before this and I can truthfully say that for the price difference, the Sable is just as good - so far. I sold my Camry with 166,000 miles without any issues, hopefully the Sable will give me the same reliability, only time will tell.

great car with lots of value.

edward gambardella, 06/13/2005
GS 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I am very pleased with the car. It has a great ride, seems solid ,and has good pick up. Why over pay for a Import.

Get One Quick

GCB, 01/20/2006
LS 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car is fabulous! You could call it a sleeper. Sable is not well known by most people looking for a car in this class, but it sure beats all the imports. It has everything, looks, size, comfort, performance, price and quality. Ford has had alot of time to get the bugs out and refine this vehicle to where it is as near to perfect as you can get. Of course, then it has to be discontinued because it has been around too long and the name or the style isn't "cool" to some. I think it was way ahead of its time when it was first designed and is still a very nice looking, safe, comfortable and functional car. Better find one fast. Not many 2005's left. Don't get a "me to" import. Be different.

Underpriced

Sean, 03/11/2007
GS 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd sable; the first lasted over 12 years before it finally quit. The 05 sable exceeded my expectations as far as interior design and build quality. It kind of reminds me of a luxury car. It may not have perfect gas mileage (I average around between 27-29 mpg), but other than that it definitely outclasses most of its competitors. This car deserves a lot more credit.