Skip to main content

List Price Estimate

Used Sable for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons
4.88 out of 5 stars

Sable's been good to me

johnny5, 05/12/2006
1999 Mercury Sable LS 4dr Wagon

At 135K miles, I can't complain much, I have no major repairs at all. Proper maintenance is key. My pet peeve is the retraction of the rear seat belts. They were installed such that they need flipped over to be worn, and then get caught on retraction becuase the belt is twisted. This is a lack of attention to detail in the design & manufacturing process that should not exist. This car is still fun to drive.

5 out of 5 stars

Wish they still made it!

KK, 11/01/2015
updated 11/12/2020
1999 Mercury Sable LS 4dr Wagon

This is our 2nd Sable/Taurus wagon we use for work. Price includes tires, struts, brakes, alignment and used value. Easy loading stuff inside and out on roof rack. This is the Duratec 24 Valve so plenty power for on off highways, passing. Comfortable leather seats but prefer the newer CRV arrangement of our 2002 CRV. Has 180K and runs like a new one. Might need a tranny replacement but worth the investment since these 2 models seem to run forever. One of 3 family cars driven by one driver. Repairs and tire replacements have been what one would expect. NO major problems and Mahwah Ford has been great servicing it since Mercury dealers were killed off a few years ago. Recently had All American Ford do an oil change and check up and they said it is in fantastic shape and been very well maintained. Off to another great year in a great, safe, comfortable wagon. Wish they still made this model and hopefully will bring back something similar in the next few years. Practical, comfortable and reliable. Our 1986 would still be running if it weren't killed and broadsided but we both survived without much harm thankfully. Best car we ever owned!

4.88 out of 5 stars

Woody Goody

Cam 2004, 07/13/2004
1999 Mercury Sable LS 4dr Wagon

I always wanted a big wagon with wood paneling. But those 80's Fords were too old. But I also wanted a used car. So when I swa one of these on the road I wanted it. I didn't like the front of the Ford Tarus model, I liked the front of the Mercury, the turn signals being in the grille.(reminds me of an old 1960's Dodge Dart.)So, it was not too old, but not brand new, so I bought a white SL model. I then bought a roll of fake wood paneling, from Stripeman.com, and coustomized my wagon. (I loved the Brady Bunch wagon.)It was a bit pricey, but I loved the way my new wagon looked! Its a great family car, lots of room and versital, if you get one with a roof rack like I did.

4 out of 5 stars

UK driver great first American car, when i have it

davidscouse, 05/04/2011
1999 Mercury Sable LS 4dr Wagon

My mrs got a Chevrolet Astrovan few years ago so decided to find an American car for me. Had it for nearly 4 years now. Been great to drive BUT is a gas guzzler, had to replace brake pads and discs which i think is wear and tear, also had some other matters to do with exhaust and suspension fixed. Windsreen wipers come to life by themselves and is infuriating. Now i have to replace front wheel bearings, and replace rad after leak which needed to be imported from USA. ABS light comes on frequently. Does not sound too promising especially when i have to take it to a specialised garage and is away for a month at a time. On plus side it's bigger than UK vehicles and fast. Comfy and solid

One Great Wagon

Stoggs, 02/27/2005
1999 Mercury Sable LS 4dr Wagon

This is one great, practical Wagon. The 3.0 24 valve 200hp engine is very powerful, handling is great, flat through the turns and I can get 7 people in it as long as three of them are children. Driving comfort is very good also. The climate contol is perfect. So far it been the most dependable car I've owned. I highly recommend it.