Used 1999 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Consumer Reviews - 89 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:

Love my Aging Benz
By Fritz

1999 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

Purchased this 1999 Mercedes Benz 320 with very low mileage - it had been in an accident but otherwise was in good repair. I bought an extended warranty which was well worth the price. Didn't have as much luck with Mercedes dealership repair shop - they kept trying to sell me a new car rather than repairing the one I had. The car is now 19 years old - body style is still current; interior is comfortable but doesn't have the 'technology' of today's cars. All electronics work including the NOAA weather radio station when in 4X4 mode, the 12-CD player and sun/moon roof. The vehicle is on a 'truck chassis' and I do use it as a truck - affectionately called my Ghetto Benz because the body has seen some wear. The only complaint(s) I have are the low gas mileage; the cost of repairs (if you use original parts); and the mechanism for folding down the rear seats - requires coordination and strength - hopefully more recent vehicles have new mechanism. Overall I was happy with my purchase. Still has low mileage and is available for sale to someone that wants a safe first car for their inexperienced driver.

1999 ML320
By Andy Carson

1999 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

Bought new, still own it. It has been a great vehicle. Would buy another.

233392 and still kicking
By Luis R

1999 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

This car is amazing. It's not the fastest thing on the road by far, but it is a tank in the snow. Nothing will stop it and we live in Minnesota. I've had Explorers and Expeditions, Blazers, etc, but nothing comes close to the ML in the snow. Also, everything still works on it. I bought the car 3 years ago with 220000 on it. I knew I had something special when, not only did the rear wiper blade work, but so did the rear washer! The stereo is clear and loud too ... Great winter car for the money.

Horrible Idea
By Sjadra2003

1999 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

Thought this would be a great get the kids to and from school car. This car has been nothing but problem after problem. We do regular mantince on it oil change all That, besides th obvious this vehicle been in the mechanic shop a total of 15 times. There never a ending list to this vehicle of work needing to get done. Don't buy this car it a money pit.

18 yrs old and still great!
By Bet

1999 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

Always done the scheduled maintenance and this vehicle has been wonderful! So maneuverable and turns on a dime.