2017 Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class SUV Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GLC-Class model:

Lemon
By Bill Pause

2017 Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class SUV GLC 300 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

I had what i thought was a minor oil leak which wound up replacing the engine after almost 40 days, the deal was great but the manufacturer doesn’t care or communicate with their customers. Arbitration is next because of the apathy that MB USA. Sad

Love This Car!
By Patrick

2017 Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class SUV GLC 300 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

Shop around before buying to get the best price.

20,000 miles and GLC300 4Matic still has issues
By Menauhant

2017 Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class SUV GLC 300 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

The car is great, good ride and was quite until we hit 20K miles. The road noise is so loud that the dealer was ready to replace a rear wheel bearing. As it turns out the tires are the cause of the noise. Problem is the tires still have more than 1/2 the tread and should not need to be replaced. I am told that this is a characteristic of run flat tires, wish I knew that when I bought the car as I didn't plan on having to buy new tires every two years. The main issue that I have with this car is the rear break squeal particularly in cold weather. This has been going on since day one yes it was delivered with this noise. Dealer and MB USA told me that they would have a fix. Six months later the dealer did the factory authorized repair. Then they did it again five months later and guess what after 1K miles the brake squeal when backing up is squealing again. One night I left the car outside and the temp overnight got down to 2 degrees. When I went to move the car all brakes squealed. I am getting the feeling that MB plans on eventually telling me that the problem is out of warranty and go take a hike. How is it possible to sell a car with a known issue and then not fix it! I will buy an MB again but not this model and before I do I will check out all known issues.

Disappointed MercedesGLC owner
By Vik

I bought this car in April of 2017. 6 months later I am very disappointed with the car as a whole as I have had a multitude of issues. First, the car brakes began to squeal as soon as winter came around. The washer fluid was leaking into the back of the car which caused the antenna to fail and therefore my car fob stopped working.

Not what I expected
By Jeff Elwood

2017 Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class SUV GLC 300 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

If you are used to quality made, well-thought-out vehicles, go elsewhere. Mercedes has dropped its ability to think and innovate to save money on this vehicle. It's simple to look at the previous generation and see that that was a better car. The GLK had bigger windows, bigger engine, more comfortable seating, and styling that doesn't look like they used an ugly Acura as a template. The windows on this car are tiny, which is what I would expect from a current econobox. The styling of this car suffers from the awkward tiny windows and bulbous rear end. The COMMAND navigation is the worst I've ever used in any car I've owned. It actually shows you advertisements while you are navigating for Starbucks, Dennys, and others. You can't turn that off. The controls are terrible compared to BMW i-Drive or even just a Ford. It takes so much work to just advance to the next track of the music you are listening to, you'll end up just shutting off the stereo. I'm a software engineer, and I find the thing so backwards and bizarre to use I just can't imagine someone who isn't a techie finding it simple. They have all the features ticked to be on par with BMW but each are all done so poorly. It's just an endless disappointment. It has strange quirks too. Start closing the sunroof and get out of the car, and it stops closing - but you can close it from the outside. Why? The Mercedes Me app and the COMMAND internet access is a total joke. Both take forever to load. If you really want this car, get it with no electronic options ticked. Don't get navigation for sure. By the time the voice guidance completes its total blather and gets to the actual turn, you're already past the turn. It doesn't work well enough to justify the advertisements on screen either. Get it bare bones, so there are fewer things to be disappointed by. The engine, transmission, seats, and steering are just excellent - better than my 5 series. The rest of the car is just a joke. Also, spend some time in the seat. The forward facing headrests are what you would expect from a Honda, not a Mercedes Benz. The prior model GLK had active headrests, which don't place you in an awkward position. MB cheaped out and used passive headrests for this car. Prior to this car, I owned a BMW 328i Wagon (base), a BMW ActiveHybrid3 (Sport), and a BMW 535D (every option). I have never sat in a Lexus and found it to be luxurious. Acuras look and feel cheap and tinny to me. I'm not stuck up, I just want the quality and innovation to be present when I pay 50K for a car. I encourage you to demand more and get the best thing you can find with few compromises. In that light, this GLC is just junk. I just traded it in after only 4 months with it.