2017 Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class SUV Consumer Reviews - 30 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GLC-Class model:

Bad tires??? Or badly designed car???
By Cathy

2017 Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class SUV GLC 300 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

My car has 30,000 miles and I was just told 2 tires are showing wear, after already replacing all 4 tires 8 months ago!! When I replaced the original tires I went to a reputable tire dealer and replaced them. I spent a lot of money on them and the tires have a great reputation so I was shocked to learn by the MB service department today 2 of them are wearing out! Really?? Maybe it’s not the tires. Maybe something is wrong with the car design??

Lemon
By Bill Pause

2017 Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class SUV GLC 300 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

I had what i thought was a minor oil leak which wound up replacing the engine after almost 40 days, the deal was great but the manufacturer doesn’t care or communicate with their customers. Arbitration is next because of the apathy that MB USA. Sad

Love This Car!
By Patrick

2017 Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class SUV GLC 300 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

Shop around before buying to get the best price.

20,000 miles and GLC300 4Matic still has issues
By Menauhant

The car is great, good ride and was quite until we hit 20K miles. The road noise is so loud that the dealer was ready to replace a rear wheel bearing. As it turns out the tires are the cause of the noise. Problem is the tires still have more than 1/2 the tread and should not need to be replaced. I am told that this is a characteristic of run flat tires, wish I knew that when I bought the car as I didn't plan on having to buy new tires every two years. The main issue that I have with this car is the rear break squeal particularly in cold weather. This has been going on since day one yes it was delivered with this noise. Dealer and MB USA told me that they would have a fix. Six months later the dealer did the factory authorized repair. Then they did it again five months later and guess what after 1K miles the brake squeal when backing up is squealing again. One night I left the car outside and the temp overnight got down to 2 degrees. When I went to move the car all brakes squealed. I am getting the feeling that MB plans on eventually telling me that the problem is out of warranty and go take a hike. How is it possible to sell a car with a known issue and then not fix it! I will buy an MB again but not this model and before I do I will check out all known issues.

Disappointed MercedesGLC owner
By Vik

I bought this car in April of 2017. 6 months later I am very disappointed with the car as a whole as I have had a multitude of issues. First, the car brakes began to squeal as soon as winter came around. The washer fluid was leaking into the back of the car which caused the antenna to fail and therefore my car fob stopped working.