Used 2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV Consumer Reviews - 65 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GL-Class model:

NICEST SUV EVER 1 OWNER
By pete claggett

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

1 OWNER 67K MILES ALWAYS GARAGED AND PERFECT. NO SMOKERS,NO PASSENGERS.TREATED LIKE PART OF THE FAMILY AND HIGHLY MAINTAINED.

Should’ve "passed" on this one!
By It's not me....it's you.....

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

First off - I loved the car - very smooth, elegant, pretty, powerful, roomy, quite - all the things you expect in a MB. So I bought my 2007 MB GL 450 in Dec 2015 (8 years old) with about 160k miles on it, knowing I would have “some” issues, but hoping the legendary MB quality would serve me well in the end. The car was $13k so it seemed like it could work out even if I had some reasonable repairs. I have owned the car for 8 months ( about 12k miles) and have put almost $10k in repairs - all local mb repair shop or NON MB DEALER costs! First off - I called 3 dealers - all told me basically to pound salt! None of them would even TAKE ME as a customer - saying that since I was not the original owner, they would not service a MB that old! HUH - yep, I was told by 3 dealers that they wouldn't service my 8 year old MB!!!! "People that buy older cars like yours typical don't invest in maintaining them the way they need to in order to maintain to the manufacturer specifications " - MB basically called me a cheap ass who wasn't going to take care of my car so they were not going to even talk to me.....anyway moving on.... First month - rear air shock $450, second month other rear air shock $450, Third month - intake manifold $2,200 (plus 6 weeks waiting on the part), Fifth month - vacuum hose-$100, fuel cap - $30, evap canister $850, Airshock Compressor - $1,250, sixth month - steering rack $2,200, seventh month - both front airshocks $1,200, interior trim dash - $250 (broken tray), interior trim rear seats $500 (rear seat would not lock) - thats $9,480 in repairs. Maintenance wise - 2 oil changes $220, 1 set of tires $820, 1 service b - $300 totalling $1,340. I also bought 2 missing headrests ($600) and the bluetooth phone unit ($300) when I first got it. So far, after 8 months, I have put $11,740 into my $13k car. BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE!!!!

Save your money
By Walk away

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

Save your money. I've had so much Maintance and repeats done for the amount of money I spent I could have purchase 2 more new Benz. I've repaired everything except the engine. Front right and left upper control arms, 4 air shocks, water pump, power steering pump, the list goes on. This is a truck I didn't drive everyday because I have 2 other Benz and a motorcycle.

Total Disappointment
By Clifton

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

Poor Poor Quality - Cheap Plastic Inside Car has broken and cracked. AC issues works randomly. Power steering pump leak. Engine camshaft oil leak $1200 (known issue by Mercedes with this model). Poor paint job, clear coat is peeling on roof and front passenger fender. Headlight washers popped off nozzles.
Rear lift gate works intermittently. All in all this is a poorly made car and costs a fortune to upkeep. Mercedes should be ashamed to produce such a poor product. I have owned a Rolls Royce that was cheaper to maintain. I currently have 2 ML320s and 2 GL450s both the ML are of higher quality and more reliable.

I think we got a lemon
By gaspasser3

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

Our Gl450 has 70000 miles and the transmission locked up on the highway. Thankfully no one rear ended us.
The vehicle is at the dealer and Mercedes is refusing to goodwill the transmission. The car has always been serviced by Mercedes. Cost to fix $8300.00. In addition we have had 3 air
compressors go out, cam plugs leak oil, power steering pump replaced and the window trim paint peel off.
When you buy Mercedes you expect quality and service, we have had neither.
This is our second Mercedes with problems.
We have have had BMW's and they very reliable. We will not buy another Mercedes.

Looks good

Reliability, service, and better warranty. Mercedes needs to stand behind what they build.