Used 2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV Consumer Reviews - 68 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GL-Class model:

Too much repairs
By William

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

Nice car but if you have the money in maintenance ok, enjoy, I spent too much money in maintaining and parts for this suv is expensive.

Worst Car i ever owned
By Benz

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

1st repair, cooling hose popped covered by selling dealer 2, air strut $1000 , 3, steering rod thingy $6000 eroded brake line $3000 water in car due to dying battery which opens all doors and windows and let water run into the battery compartment shorting out the head lights and Truck hatch........bought car for 15K make about 15k in repairs if you cannot buy it new stay away .....all the stuff in the other post are spot on 100%

Mercedes wreck
By Vero

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

This car has been sitting in my garage & I’m still paying for it. Every 2 months it needed repair. The last straw was the transmission. Beautiful car but it wasn’t build adequately.

NICEST SUV EVER 1 OWNER
By pete claggett

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

1 OWNER 67K MILES ALWAYS GARAGED AND PERFECT. NO SMOKERS,NO PASSENGERS.TREATED LIKE PART OF THE FAMILY AND HIGHLY MAINTAINED.

Should’ve "passed" on this one!
By It's not me....it's you.....

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

First off - I loved the car - very smooth, elegant, pretty, powerful, roomy, quite - all the things you expect in a MB. So I bought my 2007 MB GL 450 in Dec 2015 (8 years old) with about 160k miles on it, knowing I would have “some” issues, but hoping the legendary MB quality would serve me well in the end. The car was $13k so it seemed like it could work out even if I had some reasonable repairs. I have owned the car for 8 months ( about 12k miles) and have put almost $10k in repairs - all local mb repair shop or NON MB DEALER costs! First off - I called 3 dealers - all told me basically to pound salt! None of them would even TAKE ME as a customer - saying that since I was not the original owner, they would not service a MB that old! HUH - yep, I was told by 3 dealers that they wouldn't service my 8 year old MB!!!! "People that buy older cars like yours typical don't invest in maintaining them the way they need to in order to maintain to the manufacturer specifications " - MB basically called me a cheap ass who wasn't going to take care of my car so they were not going to even talk to me.....anyway moving on.... First month - rear air shock $450, second month other rear air shock $450, Third month - intake manifold $2,200 (plus 6 weeks waiting on the part), Fifth month - vacuum hose-$100, fuel cap - $30, evap canister $850, Airshock Compressor - $1,250, sixth month - steering rack $2,200, seventh month - both front airshocks $1,200, interior trim dash - $250 (broken tray), interior trim rear seats $500 (rear seat would not lock) - thats $9,480 in repairs. Maintenance wise - 2 oil changes $220, 1 set of tires $820, 1 service b - $300 totalling $1,340. I also bought 2 missing headrests ($600) and the bluetooth phone unit ($300) when I first got it. So far, after 8 months, I have put $11,740 into my $13k car. BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE!!!!