2017 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews - 44 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

My Car Saved My Life!
By Pamela Haney

2017 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E 300 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

I was merging onto a Freeway with a 70 MPH speed limit, so I was accelerating. Immediately in front of the on-ramp was a stranded, huge flatbed tow truck. Because of its size, It sat "above" my car, and it was an older truck, so the flashing lights were very dim in the blazing sun. There was a car in front of me that quickly peeled away, then I was immediately confronted with the flashing lights and the steel bed of the huge tow truck. I was that close. As I slammed my foot on the break, the front sensors on the car caused it to "stop on a dime" without even a skid. The guys in the tow truck looked back at me in utter shock! They thought I was a "goner." I sat there a minute to collect myself, then proceeded home to change my undies! In all seriousness, had I not been in this car, I would be decapitated, dead.

Nothing but PROBLEMS!!!!
By Lenny

2017 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E 300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

I purchased this car in October. It's now June 30th. My car is currently in the MB service dept. It has been there this time so far 19 days!!! The car has been back to service dept. at least 7 times since I have gotten the car. Had to be towed once. There is some kind of a major issue with this car that they are unable to figure out. Since I got the car, when I put it in reverse to back out of my parking spot, it sounds like metal is being torn apart. each time the replace things thinking they resolved the problem. I get the car back and a day or 2 later it all starts again. Not only that, but each time they find something else wrong with the car!!! This is unbelievable that a car of this expense has caused me nothing but aggravation every time I get in it!!!!

A Very Strong 4-Cylinder
By dhunter

2017 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E 300 Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

I love the way this car drives. I’ve enjoyed it now for 8,000 miles. I had a irritating vibration on the front dash that the dealer quickly resolved, but I’ve had no other problems. It’s a smooth, quiet ride with good get-up and go. I feel safe driving on ice-snowy roads. It took time to learn some of the tech features, but the videos helped. I’m impressed with all of the tech features. The trunk is a bit small, but works for two people. Overall, it’s a keeper.

My lousy benz
By Todd

The brakes screech badly, the blower motor had to be replaced, the windows don't work properly, and the engine is loud. I thought I was purchasing a quality vehicle. Guess not

Great new E-Class
By MM

2017 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E 300 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

I have owned three Mercedes E-Class sedans and this is, by far the best. The styling is classic Mercedes, yet very up-to-date. The redesign of the instrumentation is excellent, greatly simplifying the number of buttons. Operation of the radio, navigation, telephone, etc. is easy after a short learning curve. The car is comfortable and has great touches, such as the active side support as one goes through a turn. My car has the basic turbocharged engine. It provides plenty of acceleration, especially when using sport mode when on-ramping a freeway. Great car.