2017 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews - 41 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

A Very Strong 4-Cylinder
By dhunter

2017 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E 300 Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

I love the way this car drives. I’ve enjoyed it now for 8,000 miles. I had a irritating vibration on the front dash that the dealer quickly resolved, but I’ve had no other problems. It’s a smooth, quiet ride with good get-up and go. I feel safe driving on ice-snowy roads. It took time to learn some of the tech features, but the videos helped. I’m impressed with all of the tech features. The trunk is a bit small, but works for two people. Overall, it’s a keeper.

My lousy benz
By Todd

The brakes screech badly, the blower motor had to be replaced, the windows don't work properly, and the engine is loud. I thought I was purchasing a quality vehicle. Guess not

2017 E 300 4Matic CPO - Very Nice!
By Hazzler

2017 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E 300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

I bought my E300 4Matic as a CPO vehicle as I put 25 - 30K miles a year on my car. My car was purchased with 10K on the clock at 1 year of age, so with the 2 extra years of unlimited mileage warranty I added on top of the 1 year unlimited mile CPO warranty, I should be good until 2021 at least...and the original owner took the massive depreciation hit! I have driven the car a little over 1K miles so far without issue. My car came fully loaded with the P3 package, air ride and other goodies...the only major option missing was the very expensive $ 4.5K sound system upgrade...the standard upgraded sound system sounds good to me. I don't understand the hate for the Comand system...it is quite intuitive and I really like the controls on the steering wheel...I can control the sound system with the right hand control and never let go of the wheel...you don't have to use the center console Comand controls...and I am 56 years old and started out with stone age 70's era electronics, so go figure. I have enjoyed the Distronic system...it is quite handy on business trips...I mind the car of course but it does a good job of pacing other cars, performing freeway turns, etc. on its own. The seats are extremely comfortable and fully adjustable. The storage is fine...if I wanted more storage room I would have bought an SUV...and as noted by one reviewer, the rear seat folds down completely and offers a lot of room in a pinch. Regular maintenance costs will be high...but it is an M-B and you should have know that going in...ALL luxury vehicle maintenance costs are high. I will update this review at 6 months of ownership to see how all the electronics are holding up. Right now I am completely satisfied!

2017 E-Class is best car to ride in
By James in Denver

THe 2017 E-Class 300 is my sixth Mercedes and by far the most comfortable to drive and sit in as a passenger. Much seems to be said about the small trunk, but nobody mentions that the back seat fold down in all versions of the sedan, and that extra room helps transport a lot of stuff/gear. I personally go skiing in it and have extra long (205 cm) skies that fit just fine inside the car. Though the infotainment systems take time to get used to, the level of control/refinement is awesome. It took 2 hours to walk through the features (with dealer) after buying the car. But once set they are easy to find/use. Moving the drive from comfort to economy makes the car get over 30 MPG, even in the mountains of Colorado. I am always surprised going up Eisenhower tunnel when I notice how I am zipping by other cars struggling to make it up the 11,000 foot high tunnel. I am usually going 75 mph up the steep tunnel incline. When in the mode I set (sport engine, comfort body and sport steering) I zoom along better than my 6 cylinder on my last E350. Apple CarPlay works well, though I leave it on the Mercedes system a lot of the time. Overall this car feels luxurious like no other when you sit inside and all the time you are in the interior. If anything, the outside could use a little more style. Best car I have owned and best car to ride in, and I have ridden in all of the competitors.

Best vehicle that I’ve ever owned
By Dick Owens, MD

2017 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E 400 Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 9A)

This is a good looking, well designed, high performance vehicle that reliably gets me to my various work and family destinations. I plan to purchase for my wife.