Used 2009 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Consumer Reviews

$12,995

Used CLS-Class for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Slick-looking luxury, fun and safety

Charles Sutnick, 11/20/2008

My 2009 CLS550 is a step down from my 2007 S550. But not by much. Same engine, same transmission, same COMAND system functions, same Harmon- Kardon logic 7 sound system (2 fewer speakers than the S550). Superb performance which you can customize six different ways" choice of Sport or Comfort transmission shifting, coupled with Comfort, Sport 1, or Sport 2 suspension and body control. You can also downshift the 7-speed transmission using the gear shift knob if you want. Navigation improvements for '09 include gasoline brand logos instead of the old pump logo. The iPod interface is now standard, The LED rear turn signals are eye catching. Rear headroom stinks.

Not too Happy

Richard, 11/03/2016
CLS550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Lights damage too easily and cost too much to replace. Rear window screen breaks easily. Most instruments on the vehicles are very weak and breaks too often. The car looks very good but not sturdy enough for everyday use.

Fun to Drive

John, 07/25/2017
CLS550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I bought mine used with 39,469 miles on it I have had it three years now. I love the performance of this vehicle, the transmission is smooth I never feel it shift just the constant increase in power and speed. This is a great "empty nester" sedan with four doors for when the kids come home from college, while the front door are great for a low profile vehicle the back doors are just painful enough to make them stay in school and finish their degree. Interior is a perfect touring auto comfortable with easy to reach controls, this is a long range automobile, as long as you don't bring 2 sets of golf clubs.

The True Exotic Mercedes Benz AMG

D. Waters, 01/01/2009

We bought a CLS 63 AMG Mystic White Designo Performance Plus, and my goodness what a car! We were originally going to get a Bentley Continental Flying Spur, but we chose to get this car. That was the best choice we ever made when it comes to a car. The interior of the CLS 63 AMG designo is far superior to the Bentley. I love the performance of this car! This car has around 568 horsepower, more than the standard CLS 63 AMG. I love the exclusitivity! There are only 3 in California and 1 in Utah. The acceleration is around 3.9 seconds to go 0-60 mph. This car gets so much attention, too! All in all, this car is an exotic

Best looking car on the road and more

go-n-fly, 11/05/2009

Such a great looking car. Can only imagine what the CLS63 must be like. Somehow I'm getting 22-24 MPG on the highway. Both good and bad, it feels like a luxury car and not a sportscar.