Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Consumer Reviews - 110 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLS-Class model:

Vrroommm
By Frank

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

Great looking car
Great handling

2006 CLS500 not many problems
By Misty

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I have owned this car since 2008 and it is now the end of 2016. It has been very reliable with minimal repairs and regular maintenance. Recently, the fuel pump and fuel tank was replaced by the dealership as they said it was under a special warranty that I didn't even know I had! Certain models had an extended warranty on the fuel tank and it's parts. It is not part of the standard warranty or extended warranty but some sort of warranty Mercedes has where they don't tell you. Ask the dealership if you have anything wrong with you fuel pump, fuel tank or related parts. It saved me a couple of thousand in parts and labor. The car is getting old but still runs like new.

A terrific sports sedan
By Jim Glass

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Entry level cost is high, depreciation for no good reason is abysmal. It is a beautiful car, inside and out. In 2005-6, it set the style standard which has been copied by most manufacturers at some level within their product lineups. Performance is also very good even by today's standards 10 years later. It will do 0-60 in 5.5 sec. and its passing performance 50-90 mph is on par with any similar car today. We continue to use this car mostly for highway trips and it performs admirably. Today, it simply lacks all the technical frills found on most cars in this class today. Notably, there is no backup camera, Bluetooth​ or other phone connection. (A hard wire connector was available but not purchased.)

Bought cls 500
By Lexic

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

Just bought used CLS 500 a few weeks ago with 120k miles and am not super impressed.
SBC breaking unit needs replacement, apparently all units are under 10 year warranty, sadly I am 6 weeks too late. I called mercedes dealer north houston, they declined to replace, called corporate - they just gave me that long story that they take time to evaluate each request, evaluate customer loyalty, etc and in the end also declined replacing the unit. It appears SBC unit was broken for years and previous owner didn't even know that mercedes has any warranty for them.
Further, I am noticing that the transmission gears are starting to slip 2nd and I think 4th up and down shift.
Additionally have to spend $2500 on minor maintenance things and another $2500 on additional non maintenance repairs.
Leather preserved very well, except the front seat has one seem separated for 6-7 inches, fixable.
Tires are starting to wear out on the inside, but it doesn't seem due to alignment, looks like another expansive but unidentified problem
Pros: looks great, black paint preserved very well

This is it
By SUSAN KNOWS

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I am a car person. That is what I do for a living, that is what I wake up in the morning for, to deal with vehicles. This car was well researched before the purchase. and yes there is no absolute when purchasing such a type of vehicle. They will have weak points and strengths. This vehicle has very few weak ones. It is simply fabulous. I am proud to own one. I am not new to the Mercedes scene and I know they are built to last but It is nice when they look good and have the functionality in one package. Whenever I get in the car which is a kidless car by the way, I turn into another mode. I block out all other things and set myself free. be careful you will be tested, be strong!

Body style-sleek and tight not too big not too little. I am short and the car meets every need-Love the smart garage programming-car handling controls-menu database. Love my trunk space I actually use this as oppose to my suv to get groceries...crazy

Has a blind spot on the A pillar be careful.