Used 1998 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Consumer Reviews

CLK320 3.2L V6 5-speed Automatic - (3 reviews )

The Best Hands Down
By Fred Clayton

1998 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe

I purchased my 1998 CLK 320 a couple of years ago and it had 136,000 miles on it. These cars are the best ever for amount of money that you pay for them. When it comes to maintenance I do a lot of the simple stuff myself, i.e. brakes, tie rods, recharge the a/c etc. The only real expense you will have is when you will need to replace the Serpentine Belt which will cost about $800.00 and the motor mounts that's a $600.00 job besides that this has been the best vehicle I have ever owned. Now my car has 157,000 miles on it and it is still a head turner and the ride is amazing. I am staying with the CLK 320 the next one I purchase will be a newer model that does not have the B pillar which makes the vehicle look way cool. Four people/total strangers have approached me and asked if I wanted to sell my CLK I told them not now. LOL Why spend $10,000+ for another vehicle (Lexus, Ford, Chevy, BMW etc.) when you can have the best for pennies on the dollar.

The Silver Bullet
By Mikey Cuccini

1998 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe

My CLK 320 is truly a great automobile. First off, I bought it for myself on my 32nd birthday. What a gift. It handles extremely well in suburban driving even on roads that are slightly bumpy it feels quite smooth. On new pavement it is a dream. The V6 is very capable and is very quick. There hasn't been anyone who has been able to stay with me from a dead stop at a stoplight. It is sooo quick and smooth. I would recommend it. If you are purchasing a used one look for rust toward the front of the door jams and the trunk deck lid where key would go in. Great car.

Steering wheel, Mercedes-Benz hood ornament, Bose stereo system bumps. The power seats go forward to let the little ones or passengers into the back seat. Remote trunk release from key fob is very helpful.

None yet.

Excellent overall car
By Teekhe

This was my first Mercedes Benz and
overall I would definitely purchase
another one. The car is sporty, fun to
drive and very reliable. It has
excellent acceleration and braking is a
breeze. The ABS certainly works!!
When I first got, it there were a lot
of jealous looks in the neighborhood as
few of them were around. Now they are
quite prevalent, but still look
fabulous. This is a softer ride than
the BMW's, but not as soft as say a
Lexus. It's the right balance of
sportiness and comfort for me.

Sporty looks and quick pickup

Weaknesses: 1. The cupholder is sort of clumsy for larger beverages. 2. The tires that it comes with tend to wear out relatively fast 3. It's not cheap, but holds its value nicely 4. It's not particularly fuel-efficient