Used 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLA-Class model:

Thoughts after six months.
By John Haapala

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class Sedan CLA250 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

Purchased with 35k, and put 20k on in six months. Car is hands down the sportiest, best driving 4 cyl. vehicle I've driven. Turbo makes a big difference. Engine rumbles like a performance vehicle even at rest. Car is stiff and ride is not near as comfy as my cruiser class E350. There is a vibration at the seat belt adjuster on rougher roads. Paddle shifters make driving more fun and interactive. In sport mode car is lots of fun to drive. In economy mode still fun but geared lower. With supreme gas in economy mode I am getting 42 mpg on the freeway. I like the simpler trim on the CLA - less to chip or peel off (as in E350). Seats have dynamic lumbar support. Plenty of room in the back seat for two average sized passengers. Lots of headroom. Most of the complaints I have seen about this car strike me as written by people who have not taken the time to learn how to drive this car. It is a novel car with greater opportunity to control your driving experience than typical sedans. I'm a fan of the ride and I love the mileage! Biggest complaint - stiff ride. Biggest surprise - high speed performance.

Fun but unreliable car
By coder

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class Sedan CLA250 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

The car is beautiful, great road handling, brakes. Lots of low end torque, great hwy mileage.. but:
1) Premature front rotor wear/warping. I had mine replaced 2x because of pulsating brake pedal. The 3rd time they wanted a ton of money, I swapped it out myself to Brembo rotors and ceramic pads, Total out of pocket for parts: $250, Knock on wood no brake trouble since.
2) Water pump failure, engine overheat. Covered under warranty. I have a strange engine rattle ever since. Sounds like they failed to put some engine mount
bolt back correctly, bit refuse to deal with it or ack the issue. " What ? We cant hear nuthing".
3) Radar sensor failures (multiple) (Covered under warranty)
4) Speaker failure (Bose, rear left) Covered under warranty.
5) Run flat tire sidewall bubble. Not covered under warranty, Swapped out the tires to non-run flats.
6) Several software updates.
7) Recent bizarre window behavior: the one-touch window up feature stopped working. I have to hold the button to make the window go all the way up. Once it does, it rolls down about 1/4" all by itself. I have to make it go up again, and then it stays up. Oh btw, it was doing this for a couple of days, and now it is working again as it is supposed to:one touch take it all the way up, no roll down.
8) Strange auto-transmission behavior: every now and then I experience jerky shifting at low speeds. It does this a few times, then it works fine for months.
9) Soft paint and OEM glass. Within the past year ( exactly 1 year apart) I had to replace my windshield 2x. First time a small pebble caused a palm size spiderweb crack. replaced w genuine MB branded windshield. A year later I was replacing a wiper blade and the arm skipped out of my hands and hit the windshield.
Immediate huge 12 inch crack. The autoglass place installed Pilkington glass this time which seems to be holding up. Paint scratches super easy.
10) Annoying sqeaks and rattles, e.g.: the cup holder insert makes a sort of squeegee-ish noise.

I no longer own the cla,! I now have a 2017 3917
By Carl Hawthorne

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class Sedan CLA250 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

Is not comfortable for large people! Car llines and looks are spectacular, looking more like a high priced high performance car. I have had more positive comments regarding the look of this car than car I have have ever owned! Best Buy for your buck!! Thanks

MB CLA250 AWD
By Borui Xu

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class Sedan CLA250 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

Sporty Glammobile
By Ms. Marie

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class Sedan CLA250 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

Awesome sporty look/feel without the sport car cost! Just right for a single, young Glammother with an occasional car seat riding passenger! Downgrade in size and other luxuries from my C300 but, great on looks and gas economy. Buying with Edmunds' incentives made the deal even better! The $200 gift card looks good in my "new to me" car!!!!