Used 2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews - 93 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

My "new" 176000 mile 2007 Mercedes C280 4matic
By D W Small

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4MATIC Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am very pleased with this car so far. I am with an auto repair facility and we have serviced this car for the previous owner since 2012. Mercedes-Benz builds a quality automobile designed to go the distance. Repairs can be pricey on these cars if you depend on your local Mercedes-Benz dealer to provide your maintenance and repairs, but they are reasonable if you do your own work, or have a dependable independent garage do your work. I purchased the car with 174000 miles on the odometer and expect the car will make it to 250000 miles before it needs any major engine or transmission work. Do have a complete pre-purchase inspection done before buying one and you will likely have a car that you will fall in love with!

Luxurious Sports Car
By Michael P Aftosmes

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

People may think the “C” Class is an entry level Benz but there is nothing entry level about it. Smooth riding, acceleration to spare, road gripping, comfortable body hugging seats etc... This car is always an absolute joy to drive. It is an experience not just an A to B vehicle! Sit back and enjoy the ride... as they say it’s more about the journey than the destination.

Please help me find a new version of this car
By Kerry

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4MATIC Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this car 10 years ago with 80k miles. It has never once has a problem. It is definitely the absolute best car I have ever driven. Its fun. Its quiet. It shifts seamlessly , the acceleration is amazing, the steering is amazing...in fact, that is the one thing that I have not found on any other car I have ever driven. Its effortless, but firm....like you can feel the weight of the car through the steering wheel and you feel connected with the car. My only sadness is that I am looking for a new car with bluetooth and a few other upgrades and I can not replace the driving experience of this car.. Any thoughts or recommendations would be helpful. My husband drives a Porsche Cayenne and even that isn't as nice as this car. Someone else said this was a religious experience and they are right. wow! I wish mercedes would do this again and again.

This was my car. I traded it in to BMw
By Last owner

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

First API get no benefit from this review. No perk from BMW. I bought this car in May 2016 and traded it in October 28, 2017. I loved this car. I purchased it when it had 76k and at trade in was 93k. This car is gorgeous and sexy. The interior leather is as if it were brand new. There are little to no scratches as someone mentioned in another post. Then minor ones there are not even noticeable unless you know they are there. I got so many compliments on this car. We upgraded a lot. From adding chrome exterior package, new Updated Kenwood GPS installed by Custom Sound added blue LED interior lights. It is sharp and in excellent condition. I had no issues. I loved this car and traded in was a very difficult decision. I only traded in due to limited space. I have almost always owned an SUV. I loved the bright cherry red color low mileage for year and tech benefits. I only traded in as it felt small. Especially coming from SUVs. You have to see and drive this car to validate my comments. I owned it close to a ye and s half. Had no problems at all! So miss my car. So miss the stairs and complements. You be the judge but you must see and drive to believe. Even traded in with my cool Mercedes rhinestone key chain and red case.

Love my 2007 Mercedes-Benz C280 4Matic!
By DAVID

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4MATIC Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned this car for about a month. It had slightly over 91,000 miles on it at the time of purchase, which isn't bad considering the car is 10 years old. I terminated the lease on my 2015 Chevrolet Cruze 7 months early because I really liked this Mercedes. I kept going on the dealer's website to admire it for months. Finally, I'd made up my mind and got it! Let me tell you straight up, driving this car is a religious experience, I kid you not. Acceleration is out of this world, the engine just keeps on revving, lots of torque at very low RPMs. And then there's the sound... Sounds like a sports car, very nice animalistic growl. Handles like a dream and extremely comfortable. It has a few dings and scratches, again, the car is 10 years old. The only thing I somewhat miss is a modern infotainment system. I've grown accustomed to just connecting my smartphone to it and enjoy my music. However, it has a 6 disk CD changer in the glove compartment and in dash CD player and I have about 600 CDs, so I'm good there. It does have blue tooth, unfortunately it can only be paired with older circa 2007 flip phones. So those were the only trade offs. I'll tell you, I got tired of driving these tin boxes with asthmatic 4 cylinder engines, turbo charged or not. This car puts most brand new vehicles to shame.
Ok, so I've put around 8,000 miles on the car. Good news first.
1.The car is still a blast to drive and handles well in the snow. We have pretty nasty snow storms here in Cleveand, so I was quite impressed. I recommend switching to comfort mode when driving in the snow, as the transmission starts in second gear to prevent wheel spin.
2. The car came pre-wired with an outdated iPod 30 pin male connector. I've ended up buying an Aluratech Bluetooth amplifier from Staples with a 30 pin female connector which can be paired with your Android or IPhone (I have a Samsung smartphone). The Harman Kardon system recognized it instantly, so now I'm able to stream my music with an amazing sound clarity. Don't even bother with FM transmitters, all you get is static. The only downside, you can't change tracks using your steering wheel controls. In-dash controls won't work, either. So you'll have to use your phone's music player to change tracks. The steering wheel volume control buttons work fine, however.
And now not so good news.
1. Check engine light came on a couple of months ago. Mercedes-Benz dealer said it could be either tumble flap (which they said was sticking) or oxygen intake sensors. They wanted almost $700. So I took it to a local Firestone shop. They were able to replace the sensors for $225. The check engine light disappeared and hasn't come on yet. Now, the tumble flap may still be sticking, but the check engine light hasn't come on yet, so I'm not going to worry about it. It's not affecting neither acceleration nor MPGs, so all is well for now.
2. A suspension noise (coming from the front of the vehicle) has developed recently. Sounds like panging. Firestone said all four springs are broken and have to be replaced at some point. $1500 for front ones or $2400 for all. The noise is normally heard at low speeds or while braking before a red light. On certain days it's prominent, other times (especially during rain or snow) there's no noise at all. The handling seems to be unaffected, so I'm going to wait on that one.
To sum things up, I'm still enjoying the car. It's my daily driver, very reliable, apart from those issues . During the temperatures well below zero, the car would always start without hesitation. It has also been inexpensive to maintain, two oli changes, first one was done by the dealer ($115), the second one by Firestone ($105). Take my advice, take it a local shop. One year later, fixed front suspension (ball joints and connecting rods), that took care of the noise I mentioned earlier. It wasn't cheap ($2400), but it was worth it. The noise disappeared. Eventually, all four springs would have to be replaced. It's still fun to drive and is still my daily driver. The interior still looks good for an 11-year-old car. The air conditioner is ice cold. All lights and switches work as intended, everything lights up. The factory sun roof works beautifully. No issues with transmission or engine. So apart from a few mechanical issues the car has been a pleasure to own and drive.